Monday, October 12, 2009

More Lone Star

Isn't this amazing? What a lot of work the maker invested in this quilt!

After last week's post about Lone Stars I wanted to share with you two great links. You may have seen them if you left a comment, but if not, please check them out and read the stories that go along with the quilts.

Rose Marie's first large quilt was a Lone Star. It is a beautiful quilt, but the construction techniques were a little, let's say, dated. LOL Applique 'n Patch.

The next quilt is beautiful and has a warm, wonderful story to go with it. Check it out at Bingo Bonnie's

6 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt
    I have wanted to make one of these for a long time
    just nervous about making it lay flat!!!!
    off to read the links you provided
    Thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word - this quilt cries "Work", it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been showing some very pretty star quilts. Wish they were in my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wow quilt, a stunner and perfect colours for Autumn. Thanks for mentioning the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started a Lone Star quite some time ago but never completed it. I looked for it yesterday but can't find it. Had been under the guest room bed in a container but guess I moved it elsewhere. Hope it is to the sewing room closet and not a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and rich Lone Star quilt I am currently working on one that I have been posting pattern is by Minich and Simpson in American Patchwork quilting
    . I live blocks away for Applique and Patchwork so I will have to revisit her creation

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!