Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun Links


If you are anywhere near San Fransisco I have it on good authority (thanks Heidi) that there is a wonderful exhibit of Amish quilts at the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park. You have a bit of time as the quilts will be showing until June 2010.

This past summer I was able to go to the High Desert Museum and see a wonderful collection of old quilts. You can go look through my archives or check them out here and read the information about them.

Here is a link to Will's blog in Paris. She makes beautiful quilts and has some wonderful photos of her quilts and other vintage quilts.

One more blog that is quite a pleasure for the eyes. Wilma in the Netherlands.

Enjoy!

The quilt shown has nothing to do with these links, but it was a determining factor when deciding what to do with the striped border on the red quilt.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lori -
    wonderful links, thanks. do you know how would translate the one from holland? the pictures are enough, just wondering.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, you are really inspiring me to do a few red/white/blue quilts LOVE stars so this one is a must...and various other patriotic quilts that are now spinning around in my head!
    thanks ;)
    made HST today with Lorre !
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt with the striped sashing - I'm glad you posted it
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful quilt, it does look very patriotic. Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen Wilma's before, gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that border inspiration *s*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lory,
    I am verry surprised to see my name and website on your blog.
    if you want more information of my quilts, please mail me.

    wilma from The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!