Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun Links

If you are anywhere near San Fransisco I have it on good authority (thanks Heidi) that there is a wonderful exhibit of Amish quilts at the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park. You have a bit of time as the quilts will be showing until June 2010.

This past summer I was able to go to the High Desert Museum and see a wonderful collection of old quilts. You can go look through my archives or check them out here and read the information about them.

Here is a link to Will's blog in Paris. She makes beautiful quilts and has some wonderful photos of her quilts and other vintage quilts.

One more blog that is quite a pleasure for the eyes. Wilma in the Netherlands.


The quilt shown has nothing to do with these links, but it was a determining factor when deciding what to do with the striped border on the red quilt.


  1. Hi Lori -
    wonderful links, thanks. do you know how would translate the one from holland? the pictures are enough, just wondering.

  2. ok, you are really inspiring me to do a few red/white/blue quilts LOVE stars so this one is a must...and various other patriotic quilts that are now spinning around in my head!
    thanks ;)
    made HST today with Lorre !

  3. I love the quilt with the striped sashing - I'm glad you posted it

  4. Another wonderful quilt, it does look very patriotic. Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen Wilma's before, gorgeous blog!

  5. Love that border inspiration *s*

  6. Hi Lory,
    I am verry surprised to see my name and website on your blog.
    if you want more information of my quilts, please mail me.

    wilma from The Netherlands


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin