Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Fun!

We made it through a week and here it is December already! 

I haven't had a lot of time in my sewing room since I've been back but I'm  finally over my cold and ready to tackle a few of the piles. 


 This vintage redwork block was one I picked up at the Houston Quilt Fest. I'm not sure what to do with it yet, maybe a pillow? Any suggestions?
 And what isn't to love about this block?!  Pink and madders- great combo!
 Right before leaving for Peru my box arrived that Debbie, my roommate and new friend, sent me. Look for a giveaway soon. I need to go through this, but know there was a lot I had planned to give away.
 This Little Britches block ins't perfect, but it is pretty good for a humble piecer like me.  It finishes at 4.5". It's adorable!
These templates made cutting and piecing it a breeze. I saw and shared Linda's lovely 
Boys Britches quilt HERE and she generously shared her itty bitty boys britches templates with me. Thank you Linda. You can contact Linda HERE and inquire about her new book and templates.
I received another teeny weenie sweet block (will finish at 3") from Roxanne. Thank you!!

Here's my instagram feed for this past week.

We have some fun planned for this weekend. Enjoy it!


9 comments:

  1. I love Linda's Itty Bitty Boys Britches quilt and templates. The book is indeed fantastic! I really love that madder and pink block. I'll take 10 yards of each of those fabrics! Wouldn't that be nice??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Glad you are feeling better. Scan Fest? I get home tonight...thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little block Roxanne sent you, and the Little Britches block, and the pionk and madder block with the "make do" piecing--okay, I love it all!
    How large is the redwork piece? Just wondering it if would work as the center of a little medallion doll quilt, or if it is too large for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great madder and pink block! Love the tiny block. Have a great weekend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the antique blocks you found. Little Britches is so cute with its make-do upper corner. Awesome! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet blocks, love the little britches block! I think I d make a pin cushion w the redwork piece, if it's not too large. Red wool or plaid wool backing, some cording or pompom trim? Walnut or sawdust fill?

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lik that britches block. Happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely embroidery block. I'd border it with a red and muslin patchwork border and make a pillow. You received lots of goodies. Can't wait to see them all. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A winter cold can sure squelch any fun activities. The vintage redwork block is delightful along with those madder prints. Getting a big box of goodies is the best thing to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!