Monday, October 23, 2017

Block Fun Monday

I have several patterns to test for the Rising Sun/Eclipse blocks.
The first 2 I made were busts. 

 Nothing lined up very well on this one. 
 And I wasn't quite sure about the last pieces in this one. No matter how much I put it on graph paper, I still struggled. I have 2 more patterns to try....but I got bored.....
 So I made this cute little block! 
 Someone (Lizzy) mentioned making the quilt in my Facebook header. It is a fun one with a great zig zag setting and half blocks!
 Here is the pattern for a 4" block, which is what I made. It would be a good size for a small size quilt.
Here is a pattern for a 6" block, which would be better for a larger quilt.


Thank you all so much for supporting my mission trip by purchasing books from me! If you haven't received an email from me, please send me your mailing address (ldej@crestviewcable.com) so I can calculate shipping charges and I'll get you a total.
I've been out of town this weekend, so if you haven't heard from me, that is why. I'm spending a bit of time away with hubby before my week in Houston commences.

Have a wonderful day and week!

7 comments:

  1. Oooo that first block looks difficult. Thanks for sharing the rotary cutting directions the block in your quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST last Friday bought Carol Hopkins Civil War Legacies II book with my Jo~Ann 60% off coupon, specifically to get that pattern in a 5" block to try to make an eclipse block out of it! If I actually get around to doing it, I'll let you know how it works out. :)
    I really like the little block you made in red and blue. Would have made a great SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dark blue fabrics! Who knew that pattern could be so hard! Now I m a bit discouraged to make the one mentioned above by Janet O.

    The small Hen N Chicks block is adorable! Thanks for posting the pattern in both sizes. Let's hope for a snowy winter so I get lots of sewing room time for all these fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that block pattern and the fabrics you used, that will be beautiful.
    I am horrible at lining up blocks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. I get bored easily testing patterns. I want it to be right the first time.
    You have an exciting time coming up getting to go to Houston for the show. So much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has Janet O. wrote, when I saw the pattern "Gettysburg Sun" by Carol Hopkins in her book no. 2 and then I saw the same pattern in the new book "The Big book of Civil War Quilts", I thought of your block. I have not tried the block yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found another pattern in the new book of Edyta Sitar "Patches of Blue", the pattern is called "Shimmering Snow" and the block size is a lot bigger, it is almost twice the size of the one indicated in my previous message.

      Delete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!