Friday, March 23, 2018

2018 5th Annual Doll Quilt Swap

The past four years I've hosted a doll size quilt swap and they have been resounding successes! Time for our 5th Annual Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap 2018. Continue reading for all rules. When the number of participants continues to rise, please READ everything before asking me a question. Please take the time to make a quilt that you'd like to receive. Due date for your little quilt to be in the mail is May 1st. Please do not participate if you cannot meet the deadline.


Fabric: 1775-1910 is a wide span of time but that is what we are looking for. Look HERE if you are unsure what reproduction fabric is.

We are not using 1920's-Current
Not primitive style, like Jan Patek, or cutesy like some of Primitive Gatherings or Joined at the Hip. (which I love, just not for this swap)
We want the quilt to look like it time traveled from days past.





  • Hand or machine quilting is fine. Quilted with a few ties is fine. Ties only is not.(please no yarn)
  • No pre-printed panels
  • Please attach a label and add a note so the recipient knows who to thank.
  • Thank the person who sent you a quilt. 
  • If the workmanship is very poor and it looks like it was done very unthoughtfully I want to know and I'd like     to see photos. 
  • We will have a linky party so we will be able to see all the little quilts!


  • 24" x 24" or smaller. (It doesn't have to be square), Civil War reproductions, a label, with a deadline of mailing by May 1st.  

    If you cannot mail international for financial reasons please let me know. You do not have to leave that info in the comments, you can email me.  In previous years I let you not mail international for any reason, but I'm changing that. It is the same people willing to send international doing it over and over.  If you just don't want to send overseas because going to the post office is a hassle, then please join another swap. 

    If you are interested please send me your full name, mailing address and if you do cannot send international to ldej@crestviewcable.com    
    Even if you were in a past swap, please send me the pertinent info. 
    I'll take signups through Wednesday, March 28,  2018- Midnight PST
    I will send you your swap partner soon after. 

    If I do not know you, if you have never commented on my blog or we've never emailed than I may not allow you to join. Don't take it personal. 

    It isn't a race (although there is a deadline) there is no reason to rush and do a crappy job. This type of workmanship is not acceptable.  It doesn't have to be perfect. So many of my points do not match, but I do know how to attach a binding and basic quilt construction. Have fun and enjoy the process!

    Need some inspiration?

    The swap is now closed with 57 swappers! Thank you!!

    16 comments:

    1. Oh boy! I have had so much fun the past 3 years, I am looking forward to doing it again. Thanks for taking on the challenge again.

      ReplyDelete
    2. And I will enjoy watching from the sidelines, again. It really is inspiring to see all of these little creations. I know it is a big job for you, and it is so good of you to host this year after year.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Count me in please !
      I will write to you my adress ! Thank you :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. yep i am in again as well....fantastic!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh I just saw your FB post and was afraid I was too late. Please count me in. Love these swaps!
      I have them hanging up in my sewing room. Happy Sewing

      ReplyDelete
    6. Count me in this year also. Emailing you in a sec.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Ooh, love that first little doll quilt! Random scrappiness within a red vertical background is just so pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Lori, I'll be happy to send international... not a problem going to the post office.
      You need me to resend my address?? Or email??
      Thanks for doing this project!!
      ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Yes, please, count me in. I've had a hoot the past 2 swaps and found a dear friend in one who still communicates regularly with me. THANK YOU, LORI! Will resend address if needed. I will send internationally if needed but would prefer to send to USA. Blessings and thank you once again for doing this---I know it's no easy task.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I just stumbled onto your blog from a link over at Michelle's Romantic Tangle. Following you now on Feedly. I will be interested in seeing all of the creations. I have 90% secondhand fabric but unsure if any of it is repro. Perhaps next year ~

      ReplyDelete
    11. I was waiting for this post! Count me in again this year, this will be my third swap! Thank you,Lori.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I would love to participate for the first time. Thank you for your consideration!

      ReplyDelete
    13. I am impatiently waiting for my swap partner. Loved participating last year.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Oh man! I just missed it! I was so preoccupied with finishing my mini quilt for the IMQE that I totally missed this. Sure hope I can get in on the next one. Have fun ladies!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Hi Lori
      Have I missed the showing of the 2018 Doll Quilt Swap? :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

    I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
    If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!