Saturday, November 14, 2009

Americana Winners

I drew 4 lucky names today.
The Declaration of Independence Panel goes to:

Qltmom9- Lucy in IN
Ooo...I would love to have the Declaration of Independence on a pillow, for my (homeschooled) children to learn! Those are neat! Of course, the civil war generals are educational, too...so either would be nice. Thank you for the chance. I enjoy your blog daily.

The 3 Civil War generals panels go to:

Nancy E (anonymous)
I think the star is Martha Washington. Thanks so much for sharing. Please include me in the drawing. Nancy E
PS I love seeing all the old quilts!

Elaine at Soggy Bottom Flats
I have no idea what that star is, but I do love coming to your blog for a wonderfully entertaining education on quilts. I would love to be put in the draw. Thanks for all the informative pics you post, since I never seem to get around to telling you! Thanks, Elaine

Marcie from Patchalot More
I would love to put my name in the basket for the Grant and Lee panel. I just got back from Gettysburg and regret that I didn't get one while there.

Please send me your mailing addresses, loridweightwatchers (at) gmail(dot) com,
and I'll get these in the mail on Monday.


Thank you all for entering. A drawing is a fun way for me to share my extras.
For those of you that guessed the block was the Martha Washington star- you are correct!
Lea posted a comment on the medallion and mentioned something about Martha and it got me thinking about how to include her in the quilt. I kept thinking of the saying, "Behind every good man is a great woman." And I knew she'd be a perfect addition to my backing.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to put Martha Washington's star "behind" her husband's quilt!
    And thank you for the generals! I am excited to see what I can do with them! Hmmm, where are Mrs. Grant and Mrs. Lee when I need them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the winners!
    can't wait to see what they make with the panels
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a block called "Martha Washington Star".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog and enjoy the photos of all the vintage quilts. I know you love vintage quilts and go to a lot of shows. I live in Northern California. Yesterday I went to the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. It was the opening of an Amish quilt exhibition that is there until June 2010. It was absolutely breathtaking. I'm not sure if you get down this far, but if you have the chance, you will be thrilled. Below is the webpage about the exhibit.

    http://www.famsf.org/deyoung/exhibitions/exhibition.asp?exhibitionkey=1031

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!