Wednesday, December 30, 2015

First Friday

I wasn't able to make it to the First Friday event at Quiltworks, but thankfully they leave the quilt exhibit up for a month and I try my best to see it.

The Sundance Art Quilters had a display from their members called "Color Improv". 





 Earth, Wind and Sky


The two photos below were based on books. I love them both!!

 The next exhibit was by the Blockin' Robbins and were friendship quilts. 


 And my very favorite........................
 These were the most adorable self portrait quilt blocks. I love how she will display them as a banner.


 How doggone cute is that?! I'd love to try this!!

Have a fantastic day and a Happy New Year!


13 comments:

  1. I like the self-portraits piece too. What an interesting way to display them. The bird quilt caught my eye also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! Some people are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the self portraits, I'd like to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always interesting to see what others re doing. The flower designs are incredible, and the self portraits are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Friday quilt shows. Thanks again for sharing. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that exhibit! Looks awesome!!! Happy New Year! Those post cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those self portraits and how they are holding the black and white polka dot ribbon. Inventive was to join them together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Supercute banner! What a great idea. This was a wonderful exhibit overall. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You saved the best for last on this post. The portraits are darling! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all wonderful! I love collections of self portraits--I saved a magazine page that showed a painting of self portraits of someone's neighbors--not everyone was a painter but they all looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ALWAYS love seeing what they have on display.....and I ALWAYS appreciate you taking the time to photograph and share with us!
    That clothesline is just too darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy these posts and i really adore the clothesline project! How stinking cute is that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!