Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Countdown to Houston!


These arrived while I was away. Time to get busy on my garment making! I hope I can do this fun fabric justice.

Every year Houston has special exhibits. The past 2 years I've really enjoyed them.

Coming in November:

Rising stars: This annual exhibit features the works of specially selected quilt artists who have developed and demonstrated substantial creative growth over recent time. 

The Power of Women: Join us as we celebrate the power of women. Entrants were invited to create a quilt or sheer art cloth
that expresses their love and appreciation of an influential mother, sister, aunt, friend, or any greatly admired woman.

25 YEARS OF AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING COVER QUILTS
An eclectic collection of quilts that have appeared on the cover of the iconic American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. From the first issue in April 1993 to present, traditional to modern, get an up-close view of the quilts and cover photography as it has evolved over the past quarter century.

See all the special exhibits HERE.

Have a wonderful week!




10 comments:

  1. I can’t wait to see what you do with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric, is it Cotton and Steel? So nice to see bold saturated color. Took me awhile to see the eagles,lol. Wonder what you make! I would make a work apron, to wear when I sew, tho a skirt would be cute too.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/597312194/pinafore-linen-apron-various-colors?ref=shop_home_active_5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disregard, I found your earlier post where you chose the fabric. That's is gonna be an adorable dress!

      Delete
  3. These are quite the challenge fabrics. I'm thinking some kind of cape with the eagle fabric. Reminds me of Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your trip to the Houston show will be fabulous! And your garments? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to make all my own clothes, but haven't sewn garments in about 15 years. Don't know if I would remember how. I wish you well in your sewing. Can't wait to see the end results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wild fabric. I remember you had a plan for what garment you would make but I forget what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty fabric and I'm sure it will make beautiful dresses. I wish I could meet you in Houston! I have two quilts there this year, but alas, not me. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Cotton and Steel fabrics and designers, sorry they won't be designing as C&S any longer. Looking forward to how you will use these fabrics in your dress.

    Have fun in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fabric--so much fun energy! You're gonna have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!