Friday, August 24, 2018

Fun on A Friday

Perhaps you are reading this in the early morning, I should be finishing my 2nd leg of the relay. That leg should start about 2 or 3AM Friday morning. Now that I'm preparing and packing I've been questioning my sanity!! LOL

A couple of weeks ago an acquaintance of Kevin,  Ruth,  sent him a box of scraps. He called me and told me he had found these reversible girls dresses in the box and wanted to send them to me for my mission trip!


 He told Ruth about it and she sent me dresses too!

 They are reversible and have velcro on the shoulders. Thank you Ruth and Kevin!!
So much fun summer stuff going on! We saw Hall and Oates 2 weeks ago, then this week, Peter Framptom and Steve Miller Band. Been trying to get outside when the smoke isn't in the hazardous level. It has been cooling down in the evening and daytime temps are supposed to be dropping a bit so it should help the firefighters get a handle on the fires.

Next Friday we will share our August blocks for Sweet Land and Liberty and then Monday September 3, I'll share September's blocks.

Have a fantastic weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet dresses. What a kind thing to do. Good luck in your race and I hope the fires stop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run from the Smokey Skies! You have had a Great Summer. Cool Concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do well with your race today, way too early for me to get up.
    Those dresses are a wonderful gift to take with you and a great idea, with them being reversible.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses are adorable... Hope you do well in the relay...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun to see. I read Kevin's post first (I'm the one who sent him the big black hen quilt top) and he said he was going to send you the dresses, and here they are! So fun to see the hand offs to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reversible. How clever. I would think the dresses would last longer with a double layer of the cottons. And a different look by reversing the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I found these in the scrap box, and was able to share them with you in your mission work!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!