Monday, April 8, 2019

Humble Quilts Visits Quiltville



Quiltville Inn is a work of love and muscle! I made a last minute trip to NC and Virginia while Bonnie had an opening in her schedule. I met Bonnie 20+ years ago on an online group, when the internet was new and meeting quilters from afar was exciting and very modern! I met her in Sisters, OR with a small group of ladies who were also making the Jane Stickle quilt. 

If everything goes as scheduled The Quiltville  Inn will be open in spring of 2020 for your quilt group!
It will accommodate 12 quilters and will be amazing!

While the weather was decent we had to get outside. 

We visited the "wild" Highland ponies nearby.

Fresh green sprouts were way more interesting then we were. My favorite pony with amazing hair!

I was excited too hike on the Appalachian trail!

And of course, sewing was on the agenda!



Here's our sewing space. (design wall area blacked out on purpose- lol)

I'm working on my string blocks.

More of all that on the agenda for the next couple of days.

Make it a terrific week!


14 comments:

  1. Following your amazing trip.. such a cool thing to be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get a tour of Quiltville Inn and sewing time with Bonnie! Those pony's are adorable....is your favorite called Cousin It?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun getaway for you. Love that pony's hair. Wish mine would do that without a blow dryer. :)
    Cool that you got to do a part of the AT. It runs near my son's in-laws' home and they have many stories to tell involving interaction with hikers--plus, their son did the whole thing, and my DIL did a good chunk of it.
    Got a giggle from the scribbled design wall. Always secrets in store at Quiltville--whichever abode it may be.
    Hey, as per your suggestion, I took out my old string project and looked at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! I remember when Randy went with you at Bonnie's old cabin. Nothing like stitching with friends!! Have a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, sew Happy you could get away and spend this time with Bonnie. Cute ponies. Lol on blacked out design wall. Love that you're stitching at the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvellous time you must be having! The ponies are beautiful. Go figure you're sewing strings at Bonnie's place :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sewing is FUN but sewing is WAY MORE FUN with friends! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky YOU... Quilting with Bonnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quiltville looks amazing! What a wonderful historical house. Wishing that I could visit there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie's Quiltville Inn will be a beautiful place for quilters to enjoy! Glad you got to see it firsthand. A hike on the AT looks like fun! And that pony's hair is the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quiltville Inn looks perfect. I'm in love with your blog header quilt - what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun for both of you! Quilting friends are the best.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two are having so much fun!! I'm crushing on that pony's mane and tail too!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!