Friday, June 7, 2019

Four Patch on a Friday!

 I got 64 made....
 Then 64 more....
Hoping to get the final 64 complete before Monday. 
Merry, That Go! is amazing! Thanks again!!

I gave the facebook group a sneak peak at the fabric I'll be using for the Autumn Amish mystery sewalong so I knew I had to show it here.

Here's another book I"m enjoying about quilts from New York. Isn't that cover quilt amazing? That is vintage! What a creative quiltmaker. 

Here's an unusual sampler quilt. 

Made by members of the Perfectionist community!! I'd never get to live there!! 
Seriously, I've never heard of this religious society before. (just did a little research- wow,  strange sex stuff going on in that community!!!) LOL

My instagram for the week,

Have a fantastic weekend!!


14 comments:

  1. Love those 4-patches! The NEW York book is one of my favorites! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA, that's a whole lotta 4-patches, Lori!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the sex stuff was strange but it was ''perfect"? LOL. I love the Double Four Patches, what a big job!

    lizzy

    PS what happened to Baby Blue Jay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by your 4-patches, Lori. Is this a sew-along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 4 patch. Will you set it with alternate blocks?
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those aren't just 4-patches, they're 4x4 patches. I like your colors and look forward to seeing the final project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm going to have to look up this community! hahaha. Love the basic and not so basic 4 patch, so many great quilts come from this block. I can't wait to see what you create. I'm way behind on Social Media so now I'm also curious about the Amish Autumn project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your double 4-patches! I have a stack of those myself and can't figure out how I want to set them. What are you doing with your beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing your double 4-patch come together.
    Gorgeous quilt on the book cover! When are you making that one? :)
    Had never heard of the Perfectionist Community before. And I thought the Shaker Communities had a strange perspective on sex--however, this group wins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those 4 patches. What size does that block finish at? There are so many of them, it can’t be very big.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really is an unusual sampler quilt. Not very cozy looking at all.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those four patches Lori! So versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woud be interesting to try to make some of those blocks from the smpler quilt you show in the one picture. Uusual blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!