Monday, July 29, 2019

Vintage Quilt Monday and book Winner

Here's another fun, quirky, humble vintage quilt in my collection.

Here this soda pop girl steps in for some of the plain sashing. 

The sashing cornerstones are as charming as ever! 

These look like printed flour or sugar feed sacks. 

This one wasn't quite the right size so they added a tiny strip. 


Look at these cornerstone sizes!! What's not to love???

The backing has Yukon's Best printed. I see that this mill was located in Yukon, Oklahoma.

I passed along some wool suiting samples that have been sitting in my stash far too long. 
And as a thank you Roxann she sent me these lovely feed sacks!! Thank you Roxann. 
I laughed that we'd be sending thank you's for the thank you's!! LOL LOL 



I couldn't find any photos but I was a cowgirl in a past life. 
Love patriotic.

 Aren't they lovely??!!
 Friday night we attended a Lynrd Skynrd concert with Bad Company. YES! It was really terrific.
We had to rush back super early to open the business....boo- hiss....
 But I finally made it to the local farmer's market. Yay!
Then after a long day we zipped up to the County fair. Here is my grand nephew in an oversized Johnny Jump up! LOL 

And here is the swine we purchased at the FFA/4H auction. I thought the little boy was so stinkin' cute!! We sold it back for the going rate so no pork in my freezer- it is just too much food, but we like to support the kids. 


Commenter #1 is the winner of the book! Danice, I'll drop it in the mail today!!
Congratulations!!

13 comments:

  1. Love, love the feedsacks Lori! A friend and I swapped feedsacks a few years ago, well hunks so that we would each have a variety and made a quilt each. My quilts name is Feed Sack Friends. They were fun to make.
    Cute county fair pics too. Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Danice! Glad you got to go to the fair. Great feedsack fabrics. Love the found quilt too. I haven't made it to our farmers market yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that you had bought a pig and wondered how that worked. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love that nine patch? It is just the kind of quilts I grew up with!! A lady at work found out I was a quilter and brought me a grocery sack of feedsacks...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post 😊 💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love feedbacks. I had a bunch years ago. Made 3 nine patch quilts similar to yours. Gave 2 to long time good friends and kept one for myself! Still have a few scraps left.
    Love seeing your lovely old quilts.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing that great quirky quilt - I love that kind of thing! You can just sense the total frugality and freedom in that quilter! Cute kid with the pig - nice of you to support that. We once bought half a pig and had some excellent meat in our freezer that year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great older quilt. The fabric combinations are always so very interesting! Wonderful that you support the kids with their fair animals. I was a FFA girl many long years ago.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful quilt! Is this a new find or a quilt you've had for awhile. As I often remark, the ''imperfections'' and oddities in old quilts is what makes them so special.

    Why is it a swine not a pig or a hog?

    Good healthy stuff at the markets now, yum!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you all had a fun time. Oh, I won the book! Thank you so much Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt is terrific! And, yes they are feedsacks. I have most of them including the soda fountain girl. What fun! And, thanks for supporting the 4-H kids and your local farmers. There are so few kids in our local 4-H these days. I would hate to see it go by the wayside. I used to love it when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous 9 patch quilt with such interesting fabrics. The feedback backing is pretty cool too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the vintage quilt is so much fun! I love all the little details you shared. They give the quilt so much personality. Now you can make a mini version from your own feedsacks!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!