Friday, August 9, 2019

Fun on Friday!

I showed this old magazine page on my facebook group after the Sisters show. It's an oldie but goodie from Gwen Marston. I wouldn't recognize it as one of hers blocks. 

This week Angie sent me a remake!! She says she likes to try new techniques and like Gwen! How stinkin' cute is this?? Thank you sweet friend. 


Here's another oldie from Gwen Marston- 1992. Just sharing for fun- not expecting a remake!! LOL 

Here is Katlyn's finished top! Her grandmother, Alice Asleson tells me this project all started as a memory to her disabled grandfather. "I believe this is about the 16th year that we deliver red,white and blue quilts on Veterans Day and have had enough quilts for all the patients at the VA Hospital in Middleton, WI and the Emergency Room patients."
Way to go quilters! Thank you veterans!!

 I'll be speaking at Mt Hood Quilt Guild next Tuesday at 7PM. 
I'll be sharing my lecture 10 Reasons I Quilt
Here is more info if you are interested. HERE

Look what I saw on an early morning walk yesterday! I wish my photos were better.

I believe this is a great horned owl, which is the most commonly seen owl in Oregon. 


This is the only book I have left. Thank you all for your support! Rhonda and Roxanne, I'm waiting for your mailing address so I can figure the postage. 

I have no big plans for the weekend, but maybe a little prep for next weekend's backpacking trip!

Make it a wonderful day!




16 comments:

  1. Love that Longhorn block. Katlyn's finished top is fantastic--great job! What a wonderful owl sighting! My daughter and I look for short-eared owls when we hear there are sightings near our cabin but they never seem to be around when we want to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owls are fabulous!! We hear them often but I've only seen them twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw a Gwen Marston quilt I didn't like and this one is no exception! What a sweet gift. Quilters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl photos are lovely capturing the early morning mist. I especially love the one with the hay bales background. An inspiration photo for an art quilt? Kaitlyn's quilt top is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the folk art applique by Gwen. She was certainly a treasure. Your owls look great. Morning walks are the best when there is so much Nature to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That longhorn block makes me think of the book The Story of Ferdinand, which I had as a child, and still have somewhere. Angie did a great remake of the block.
    Katlyn's top is wonderful! Kudos to her!!
    We mostly see barn owls around here--especially at the barn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cow reminds me of the block on that Dearest Boy quilt a lot of people are making! I think it is an antique. I wonder if GM saw it all those years ago.

    The horned owls are amazing! I d love to see them. Thx for photos.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend. Nice QOV quilt. I have one I need to make and present. We have heard owls, but they are elusive in town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little folk art quilt mentions. Gwen certainly had a way!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Criminy! To see one great horned owl in the wild is a treat but to see two at a time?? That's just plain madness -- in a good way. I like that longhorn quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gresham! If this was last year I could come as I was in Vancouver, WA on the 13th last year. They're going to love your show. Glad you liked the block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, I will take the last book. address is Arlington, TX 76017 can you send me your address etc. lonestartpbx at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. All such pretty quilts. That folk art applique is gorgeous, as is your "oldie" Gwen Marston from 1992. And a horned owl, that is a rare treasure to behold. I have never seen one other than in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing Gwen's oldies. They are wonderful. I wasn't into quilting in 1992 so I missed that. Wow, on the owls. I hear them in the woods but I never see them. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Gwen's whimsical folk art quilts. She has one with bunnies on it that I love too. Your friend copied gwens quilt perfectly!
    Those owls are amazing. Wow .
    Katlyn's string quilt turned out really great! she's a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh that block is amazing! Angie did a great job on it. I am such a fan of all things 'Gwen'. And nice photo of you Lori.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!