Monday, August 19, 2019

Off Grid and You Find Quilters Everywhere!

After a terrific quilt guild meeting in Gresham, I turned back around and landed in Washington state for an epic 3 night backpacking trip. 

Our trailhead and first 4.7 miles were on the Pacific Crest Trail. 

We entered the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area. 


This was our 2nd alpine lake, Josephine.

 The first of the Chain Lakes.
 Bull's Tooth. 
 Doelle lake

Chain Lakes. I'm part of a women's American hiking group.

 We stayed 2 nights in the dense forest. It was so quiet and peaceful. Staying here made it so we didn't have to haul our large packs to the upper lakes that have a very steep climb- we day hiked to them.

We camped here our 3rd night. Lake Susan Jane. 



 Obviously I was mesmerized by the reflection! What a beautiful morning to wake up to!

And to make this quilt related:
Hikers/backpacker are a friendly bunch. This man stopped by camp for a brief rest and chat before heading out. His name is Martin and he is a quilter and sewing machine collector!!!  How cool is that?! Martin, if you are reading this- HI!!

Make every day a great one!!


21 comments:

  1. I wished I'd done this sort of thing when I was younger (and with DH still here). I see pix like this and just think SO GORGEOUS but won't happen now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos of the reflection are phenomenal!!!!! Nothing like that clear cold water. Glad you had fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magical place. The reflections in the pristine water are amazing. I wonder what makes lakes form so high in the mountains---snow runoff? natural springs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What glorious photos! I love reading about your hiking adventures! I am curious how you keep you phone charged enough for 3 days of photos. Do you have a mini solar charger? My phone is so old it would never hold a charge for 3 days after taking photos. Thanks for sharing these fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtakingly beautiful. I kept staring at the reflection too. It made me feel like I could walk across the surface of the lake. How wonderful! What a treat to find a fellow (literally) quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful place!! Looks like the Jewel Basin area outside Kalispell, MT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful adventure for you! The photos are stunning. And quilters are everywhere!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool hike--such gorgeous scenery.
    Love that you met a quilter in the wilds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous trip! The pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful scenery! wow . My niece hiked the entire PCT !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw you were getting lots of steps at the end of the week and wondered where you were. Surrounded by beauty for sure! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so fun to meet a quilter there !
    Every picture is a delight for the eyes and you know how I love mountains !!
    Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures Lori !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place to spend some time and the views are magnificent! So cool that you met a quilter on the trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such a beautiful place to spend a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect Adventure!! So gorgeous!! thanks for sharing those beautifu places!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos and a great life Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome views, the not so Wild outdoors. Fun to meet a guy quilter and machine collector, too. pmcrowther@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous hike! Glad you mentioned the reflection because I thought the lake must have dried up! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous pics! Thanks for sharing. I am no longer able to backpack or hike. So it is like water to a dry tongue to see others photos of nature.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!