Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Almost Amish part 2

Hello friends! I hope you'll still be my friends after today's part 2! I must have been writing part 1 in my sleep!!! LOL  You'll see why in a minute. (don't worry, no seam ripper will be necessary!)


Cut 36- 2 1/2" black squares. Set aside

For the quilt to be effective it is all about color placement. Use the same color that you used for the brown/tan and maroon in the other blocks. 


From your brown/tan and maroon (we used both of these colors in part 1)  cut 1 1/2" strips to equal 27" (or a little longer) Or feel free to cut squares like I did above. If you've made strips, sub cut like in part 1.
Make 9 four patches (NOT 7 like in the photo!!) 

 As in step 1 we will be making more blue and brown/tan  4 patches. I'm so sorry! I think I just looked at the photo I snapped, and in my head I thought 4 of them.
You will need a total of 18 blue and brown/tan four patches.

Done! For now! 

My paper has everything written down correctly, just my brain and paper need to get on the same page!! LOL


Added: After step 2 you need 9 total maroon and brown/tan, 18 blue and brown/tan, and 5 maroon/light 4 patches and 36 black 2 1/2" squares.

I hope your week is going terrific!!




11 comments:

  1. Please clarify.
    So I need 14 maroon and tan. Or 9 maroon and tan and 5 maroon and light/white. And
    18 blue and tan. Or 4 blue and brown (step 1) and 14 blue andvtan.
    Should this all be the same tan??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After step 2 you need 9 total maroon and brown/tan, 18 blue and brown/tan, and 5 maroon/light 4 patches and 36 black 2 1/2" squares.

      Delete
  2. Where did we get tan? Are these the same as step one or are the colors switched aound? I m cinfused, I ll reread later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Lori...I am loving your quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting caught up. Thanks for making the blue/brown count clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm confused, where did the "and 5 maroon/light 4 patches" come from? I thought I caught up and added what needed to be until I read that last part, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were made in Step one.
      https://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2019/09/almost-amish-part-1.html

      Delete
  6. Lori, just joined in but missed part 1. Is info still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ll just need to scroll back a few posts.

      Delete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!