Friday, October 25, 2019

Antique Bed Turning and Quilt Show

Last Friday on my way to the race I left town early so I could enjoy a quilt show in Hood River! 
I enjoyed an antique quilt bed turning the most. 


 I absolutely loved the applique birds on this one.

Not quite sure about the corners on this one.



Sometimes the simplest ones can be the sweetest.



Pretty sure these are old blocks, newly set and quilted. 

 The next few were a few of my new favs.



If you want to read a little about the recovery of the stolen pickup...... 


One of our customers saw our vehicle (He was pretty sure it was ours) and alerted Cory and the police. He had a hunch he would be seeing it again and sure enough, he did! He gave us a call last Sunday before dark saying he was directly behind it stopped for a train.  One thing led to another and we (Cory and I) pursued the vehicle and called the police.  Eventually the lady driving it bailed out and ran, but the police emptied all the crap out of it (weird story but they were moving furniture) and tried to drive it to the place they had told us to wait. Eventually we got the car started with the screwdriver and brought it into the business. The engine sounded like it was ready to explode and hubby got jolted pulling a wire to get it shut off. What a crazy night! We had it hauled off to the junkyard the next morning after police  took photographs and removed the STOLEN plates they had replaced. I can ID the woman driving and will check with our city police next week and see if they are filing charges. The County Sheriff's dept told us there is a group of known car thieves in our town, but the city is hesitant to pursue them vigorously. We are super frustrated and I know I look at every face I pass around town!! 

That's the crazy end to the recovery of our delivery vehicle. It was actually much more wild then this, but I'll cut it off here lest you all think we are crazy vigilantes! LOL 

We have 29 lovely Almost Amish quilts on the linky- go show some linky love!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.


15 comments:

  1. Oh what gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing. I too love those birds! As for your stolen vehicle story, let us know when you will be appearing on "True Crimes". I think it is funny for us to read, but I'm sure you were NOT laughing when it all happened to you. So sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quilt has the "T" squares on point. I do like the antique quilt with the birds. If I made something like that, I would want to use one color but in a variety of prints and shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first blue and white quilt with the birds. Glad the truck was recovered even though it was totaled. Now to get the guilty to be prosecuted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! The Blue Birds and Reel? quilt! And I love the rainbow Star. All are treasures.

    Your local law enforcement seems a bit lackadaisical about quality of life issues---they don't pursue car theft rings?! They don't arrest dog owners with vicious pit bulls/ bulldogs? etc etc. Need new leadership, maybe...Too bad your truck had to get junked, I thought Cory would fix it up.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts! The WSQ show last weekend in Spokane had quilts that used older blocks in more modern settings (I think it was a challenge), interesting. The first quilt you posted draws me in. My jeep was stolen in January and that was wild. I was able to turn on a tracking app, so it was kind of exciting to listen to the police scanner while trying to recover it (10hrs after being stolen, we did recover it). And then last weekend while in Spokane for the quilt show, my jeep was hit while parked in the hotel lot. I am starting to wonder if 2019 has just been a bad year for the jeep, or if I need a new vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a marvellous blue and white applique - the birds are fun and add so much interest - it looks well loved :0) I really liked the other quilts here too - the "T" quilt quilt especially. Those old blocks with all the brown are pretty fabulous as well. I'm sorry to hear about your delivery truck - it's a horrible tale and such a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got the truck back but it sucks that it was totaled. Your police are something else if they aren't going after a car theft ring!! That's insane. The quilts are all lovely...the star one wants me to make it and so does the elephant quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some wonderful vintage quilts.
    Though not something I would ever make, the elephant quilt really captured my attention.
    What a story about your truck! How frustrating that the police aren't pursuing them "vigorously". Did they give you a good reason for that decision?

    ReplyDelete
  9. All gorgeous quilts, what a show! I really love the elephants quilt especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the bed turning quilt show! Love that bird block--and the Double T--and the elephants :) That's quite the story about your stolen truck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, lovely quilts. I like how the nine patches are organized into groups of 4.
    Crazy car story - wow!! nuts. I can't believe the police are not pursuing.....isn't that their job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing! So sorry about your van! Need to get new authorities at the police department, vote someone else in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like the 'wild west' - must be incredibly infuriating! Glad the story had a resolution, but.... the police not pursuing car thieves? Resources stretched thin? On the happier note, I too love the simpler quilts - looks like a wonderful bed turning and there's nothing like seeing old quilts in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quilts and interesting quilts on the bed turning! The truck story is kind of wild. Pretty brazen to be driving it around town. I loved all the Almost Amish quilts and want to make one for myself soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!