Monday, October 7, 2019

Vintage Beauties Part 2

Suzette kept pulling out quilts to share with me! And now I get to share them with you!!

 This one was a real beauty. As you are checking out the fabric, don't miss the quilting!!  It looks like it was marked and quilted by a mathematician!!
 My favorite print was the poison green with spots!!
 Will someone please reproduce this one???!!

This diamond had to tiniest poverty patch to make it the size it need to be!!

 That blue looks like Prussian to me. Your thoughts?
 Look at this blue!! And the red!  Love them! The brown is the only one that has a lot of shattering throughout the quilt.
 Look at this out of this world quilting!! So unusual on this style of quilt.
 
Here is a lovely quilt done in  silks and various fabrics. It was in remarkable shape, but still fragile.

  Here was a fun hexagon quilt top. It had a wide span of fabrics in it!!

Another pretty purple print!!

My "baby" turns 33 tomorrow! Where has the time went?!

I hope you are ready to meet the week head on!!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piecing and quilting on the star. That "Quaker" red was reproduced about 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your “baby” and have yourself a lovely week too. Excited to hear more about your next travel adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh là là..... they are all fabulous !!
    Happy birthday to your "baby".. I think it's your son !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thanks so much for the quilt show. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This first thing I noticed was the quilting motif on the lone star. How fabulous. So many great fabrics and the 'humble' blocks are always fun to find. Those log cabins in previous post are amazing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned a new term -- poverty patch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this, Lori! Thanks for the close-ups of the fabric. Could you just gather these lovely purples and put out your own fabric line, please? :)
    My "baby" is 31 later this month. How does this happen--and what does that make us??

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great post. I love to see vintage fabric and stitching up close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lone star! The poison green print is wonderful - I also like that swirly dark blue. Cool quilting! Thanks again to you and to Suzette :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see these classic old quilts. Love that crazy pieced hexagon. So much detail to see in these quilts - thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!