Friday, May 15, 2020

Fun on a Friday!

Welcome to the many new readers and Facebook group members! Happy to have you along. 


Several of you are looking for patterns I've done as quiltalongs. It started with this one above and eventually became a yearly fall event.

If you are interested in seeing the small quilts we've done as group quiltalongs follow this pinterest link- HERE.

Once you have the name of the quilt you'd like to see more of go to my blog HERE and ...
In the upper left there is a search box. Type in the name of the quilt. If you do not see the search box on your device, try scrolling to the bottom and clicking on "web version" , then look again. I hope this is helpful!
If all else fails go to Google and use that search engine with the name of the quilt, followed by Humble Quilts.
Janet was very thoughtful and remembered me with a birthday care package. Thank you!! 
I have to say, I've struggled with a variety of masks, so am thrilled to have this one with elastic. 
I appreciate you all so very much. 


And not quilt related:
On my birthday this week my kids and I had a zoom meeting.  It was the day before our planned trip to Peru, so appropriately they called from Machu Picchu! LOL

 Then when they trekked back down they came to visit! It was awesome!
Because she is in the city her salon will not be opening for a few weeks, but she brought her goods on the go! I shared this photo yesterday in the facebook group. 
Someone asked for an "after" photo. Here ya go! I know many of you will be heading to your salons soon. Be kind, they are making them jump through many hoops to get back in business. 

Have a really terrific weekend!
Much love

12 comments:

  1. i love that little quilt...still have the issue of 'primitive quilts' in which it was featured....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Handsome family you have and with a good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your trip had to be cancelled, but glad you were able to your kids sort of. Hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mask is beautiful. That “be kind” advice needs to be a daily mantra. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Lori ... slightly belatedly. How nice to have your daughter bring her work to you, fantastic birthday gift! I also want to say I enjoyed looking back at your QALs. So many beautiful quilts and so many more beautiful versions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad your family made your birthday special. I enjoyed participating in many of your quiltalongs :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has your mission trip been canceled? I was thinking it was to be in the fall. I don't think I will be making my trip north that I do in the summer. Wait and see on that. It would have to be easier to accomplish than it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are very clever--and very good looking. :)
    What a nice job your daughter did on your hair. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed looking at all the pics on your Humble Quilts Quiltalong Pinterest board! I've participated in a few. Thanks for sharing! Gee, you've got great-looking kids! So lucky that your daughter can come to you for your hair appointment :) Beautiful mask from Janet O. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice that you finally go tot see your family. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you had to miss out on the Peru trip, but how fun to have the zoom meeting like that.:) Can't imagine our lives without our fantastic kids. How boring would that be?:) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Lori (late). Your hair looks great! One of my daughters is a hair stylist too and her salon is opening up slowly, with about seven pages of new policies designed to keep staff and clients safe.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!