Monday, May 11, 2020

Anniversary Quilt 2020 Month 2

It's been a bit over a month, and although many have set this quilt aside for now, I'm plugging along. Still only one block sewn, but more blocks ready, including this one!

Bet you could hardly tell the backing was 6 pieces!! Yep! It's how I roll.

Sometimes how I roll works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea at all how this piece got so small!! I did a do-over on this piece.

Anybody else want to share your Anniversary quilt section? I'd love to add what you've got done to the blog post.

Hubby and I escaped for a quick overnight backpacking trip to the desert. 
I was super excited to see these hedgehog cactus in bloom! 
A newly discovered species of hedgehog cactus (Pediocactus sp. nov.) grows only in Harney and Wheeler Counties.



There were many other flowers blooming too, but not as special as this one. 

It was so warm we didn't have to have the fly on the tent. It was fun to see the stars. 

I know many of you think Oregon rains a lot. It's a myth!!




We climbed a butte next to our camp site and watched the sun set. 

So nice to get away and not hear the news, wear a mask, or worry about a virus. 

Love to you all. Let's make it a good week!



14 comments:

  1. What a nice trip out! My daughter lives just over the border in Washington and was sitting out on her porch yesterday saying how warm it was. Here in Michigan it was rainy verging on snow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this quilt a lot. Almost makes me want to return to vintage style fabrics! Your getaway photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics of your weekend getaway. I've never been to your neck of the woods, but it looks like lovely country. So glad you had the time away. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful block !!
    Thank you for the pictures of landscapes and flowers !!
    I have a cactus which is going to bloom !
    I will share a picture in a few days !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the cactus and had no idea we had them here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful block, I did not even notice the different parts of fabrics sewn together. Well done!
    Nice getaway in your beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see your Anniversary blocks, it makes me want to join in the fun. I keep adding projects to my queue and am finding it hard to find time for all I want to stitch. For right now, I will enjoy the view but wait on starting my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't cactus blossoms just wonderful, all icy looking? It is amazing how the climate is so different on the different sides of the Cascades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those desert flowers are gorgeous!! Beautiful appliqué block :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Anniversary block is so beautiful, in its primitive way. I really got a kick out of the pieced background--perfect!
    That is puzzling how the scalloped piece ended up so off-size.
    Wow--I am always intrigued by the delicate looking blooms on such a prickly plant. My youngest daughter loves hedgehogs--they had one for a while. I'll bet she would love this cactus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Anniversary Quilt is looking good! Would have never noticed the pieced background. Happy for you & your husband to get away from it all & enjoy your beautiful surroundings! A hedgehog cactus is new to me🦔🌺!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabrics you are using. It is going to be a beautiful quilt. I hope to make one similar in the near future. This year just wasn't in the cards for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt block! I have not been sewing lately, but putting seed in for a lawn, and flowers in my raised flower bed here. Finally going to have a pretty place to liver here in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cactus in bloom was truly a wonderful sight for you & your hubby. Love the idea that you hiked up the butte to watch a gorgeous sunset. I'm really loving the how the Anniversary Quilt is looking. You've picked some beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!