Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I should be Trekking in the Andes right Now!

If all had stayed on the straight and narrow I'd be in the Andes hiking with my daughter reveling in the views and likely having a hard time breathing because of the altitude! LOL

Instead I'm hanging out in my hometown staying healthy.My birthday was all things Peru.


My kids are fun and funny!

Sometimes my world gets a bit topsy turvy and I have a hard time finding balance. 
Elsa and I went out backpacking. The fresh air and exercise brought  me back to center. 

And then the coolest things happened. 
I came home from my yearly mammogram (wow, something normal happening in Oregon!) to find this box on my porch!




 Oh yes, I was very curious! See my shoes? Birthday present from my hubby. 

Bada bing! Bada Bing! Thank you to a dear friend! You totally brightened my day and week!
You are so special!!

I'm glad we are heading toward "normal". I went out to lunch with my son today and it was great! 

And for a daily funny: 

Thank you all for your positive and encouraging comments. If you haven't seen the terrific links on the last post, please go visit! Little quilts are still being added. 

Much love

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a great day. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happy belated birthday! Fun indeed from your kids and one special quilty friend! Love the llama planter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, happy belated birthday! Fun indeed from your kids and one special quilty friend! Love the llama planter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely the best way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun gifts and I know how much you want to be there. Next year. Great fabrics! Who from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet gift!! and the new shoes - beauties!! So sorry you aren't in the Andes - but what a nice way to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here’s hoping you make it to the Andes one day! Until then, you have some fun new fabrics to play with and very cool shoes to take you on local adventures! This is are he’s time and aren’t we the lucky ones to have so many good friends to make it a little better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful birthday anyway! You did receive a wonderful surprise, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday :) <3 Mine was a non event.... So glad you are safe and secure. Hang in there. We all have adjustments to make and things to do when we are fully open again... BLESSINGS from Eastern Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Lori! Today is my oldest son' B'day also. I'm sorry you don't get to travel to Peru right now, but at least you and your family are healthy and safe. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you happy birthday wishes. Hopefully Peru will happen another time in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Peruvian themed birthday gifts.
    And the box of fabric--what a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday from Canada! Okay! It's not Peru but it's not the States either, lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great package to get from a friend! What could be better? Sorry you aren't in Peru. So many plans disrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late wishes for a Happy Birthday, Lori. So sorry you didn't get to go to Peru. That would have been great fun. You children bought you some great gifts. I had to chuckle at the notice on the candy bag that said: "evitar su consumo excesivo." It means "avoid excessive consumption." I find that immensely humorous to read on a bag of candy or cookies.
    What a great package you received from your friend, not only the contents but also the messages on the box. He/she has great taste and was sweetly generous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated.
    what an amazing gift box of fabric - incredible!
    enjoy your new bounty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Disappointing but the Andes will be there for you when the time is right.

    The fabric gift is awesome, that would cheer me right up! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, and what a wonderful surprise gift to arrive right on time! WuHan funny kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!