Monday, September 21, 2020

50 Shades of Brown Part 1

 Good morning! I had such a wonderful week away!! 26+ miles backpacking, then 3 days in a cute little cabin with my honey to recover and be ready to get back to work. It was pretty amazing!! I'll share a few photos on Wednesday. 

For now, we are going to make 4 patches for 50 Shades of Brown.

I told you there was a smidge of pink and blue. This is what is in my quilt. I did NOT strip piece these because I want a big variety. These are 1 1/2" squares. If you want it like mine, make one with 2 blue patches and make 2 more with 4 pink patches. 

Then using a variety (it really doesn't need to be 50 different browns- lol ) make 14 more 4 patches using 1 1/2" squares.  Your unfinished size should be 2 1/2".

Admire your cute little patches!!

Have a terrific week!


6 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to this QAL since last Monday. Time to play with my 50+ browns today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so cute, thanks Lori :0) I'm going to enjoy working with these soft browns. Can't wait to see you hiking pictures. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pile of browns (with bits of pink and blue) are piled on my cutting table, ready to get started. Can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little patches are sew cute, Lori! I love those blues(my favorite color) with those browns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little 4-Patch blocks, Lori! Off to see if the scrappy ones I already have made are the right size...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in! I've got lots of 1-1/2" squares to play with :) Your 4-patches look great!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!