Monday, November 9, 2020

Quilts and Oregon Fires

Hubby and I had a quick overnighter planned for Saturday night. It was nice but we were smacked in the face with the reminder that although the Oregon fires are out the ramifications are ongoing. 
If you can help, below is some info. 
Love to you all.


This was a sweet photo of quilters helping! Read the touching article HERE










It rips my heart out! 

One way to help:

******QUILT DONATION UPDATE******

October 31st....
In 52 days we have collected 2312 quilts in varying degrees of completion!
Thanks to all the generosity and outpouring of love from you, we reached our initial goal for the Beachie Fire and are now able to expand our reach! We have partnered with other Oregon Wildfire Relief groups to the north and south of us who have also experienced devastating wildfires. Rest assured, your quilts will be placed in the hands of someone that lost their home in the wildfires to give them comfort, love, and hope.
What we are asking for:
1. Completed quilts in throw and child sizes are our main focus as they are the most versatile in different temporary housing situations.
2. Some bed quilts are needed as some will not be rebuilding and moving to permanent housing.
Please put your name and address in the box with donations which can be mailed to:
To The Point Quilting
1221 N Evergreen Ave
Stayton, OR 97383
Please contact me at (503) 539-0870 if you have any questions.
Drop off sites for completed quilts:
*PLEASE put a note on the quilts designating them for the Santiam Canyon - Quilt Drive with To The Point Quilting
Bella Rose Quilting
15375 NW Satellite Dr
Banks, OR 97106
Contact - 503-324-7373
Cedar Creek Quilting
15702 NE 181st St
Brush Prairie, WA 98606
Contact - 971-227-1438
Instagram @cedarcreekquilting
Or
Facebook - Cedar Creek Quilting
We have some amazing partners helping spread the word out, donating their time, and donating supplies for our quilt drive! Thank you doesn’t express our gratitude!
Thank you in advance for any quilt donations you can offer!
I am a home-based longarm quilting business registered in Oregon.

**********************************************************************
BOLTS TO BLOCKS
We currently still have requests for around 350 quilts for individuals displaced by the Oregon wildfires. We have received quilt tops from individuals throughout Oregon as well as 30 other states. It is costing anywhere from $15 to $20 (at wholesale cost) to complete a twin sized quilt. We are asking for individuals to help sponsor our remaining quilts. This is quick and easy to do using Venmo and sending your donation to @boltstoblocks. Funds will be used to continue purchasing backing and batting.

BOLTS TO BLOCKS: Collecting quilt tops and finished quilts to support those in the Phoenix & Talent areas. (these towns were nearly completely burned down)

Contact: Barb of Bolts to Blocks, boltstoblocks@gmail.com, (541) 704-0386

Mail or deliver to: Bolts to Blocks, 950 SE Geary St., Ste C, Albany, OR 97322

6 comments:

  1. I will send my two finished quilts from my last post to Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mailed 2 quilts to another shop on the first list you posted. Karen Bates @ Sew Creative has already sent a thank you note to let me know that my donations arrived. SEW thoughtful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a child sized quilt top that I will mail this week to Bolts to Blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to have a large throw quilt done this week to send. Was going to send it to Bear Creek Quilting if they are still involved but will check out where it is best sent. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be amazing if there were a state wide or PNW or even west coast total. I am so BLESSED to be part of such a generous and loving group of quilters. Our little group just sent 41 quilts to Sublimity and the group of 6 long armers there are finishing quilt tops at an amazing rate. I got a message back that quilts were received. There will be a few stragglers ... YAY... but I hoisted the big 46 plus pound box into the back seat of the truck and hauled them to UPS... What a great <3 project. My family had a total loss to fire in 2001, and I made this my <3 project for the end of the year. Last year our group donated in memory of a quilters grandson who had unexpectedly passed... and "Ollie Quilts" went to Doernbechers in Portland. Such joy we are able to bring with our love of fabric manipulation :D Blessings To All Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this info, Lori. I hope to send some quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!