Friday, April 30, 2021

Cousin's Walk and Possible Center Block

I finished the final 3 blocks! Tweet! Tweet! 

I loved the center on the original, but wanted to come up with something different from those who have made this quilt. Here's a small paper pieced section.

And then 2 more. It will be slow going since I'm not the best at paper piecing, especially triangle shapes. 

 
My friend Paula drafted it on Electric Quilt for me. I posted on the Facebook group, Humble Quilts,  because I wasn't sure how to piece this. So many great ideas and lovely photos of quilts others have done with a compass center. I love the way we can bounce ideas off each other and what may work for someone may not work for another. No quilt police!

This was my inspiration block. 



Paula's Electric Quilt block.

I hope I can do it!


If you joined the Humble Quilt swap today is the deadline to mail your quilt! 
I've seen some amazing little quilts. Good job quilters!

Have a lovely weekend!



6 comments:

  1. A wonderful starburst for the center of your quilt. Your first blocks look excellent, so I'm sure it will turn out just the way you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your small sections look beautiful, Lori!! nice work on those pretty birds...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Compass start looks fabulous! The Birds are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the compass! It’s going to make a fantastic center. Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are coming along really well with the piecing, to me. It will be a delicious center to your birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bird blocks. Your center is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!