Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Sum..Sum.Summertime! Summer Sampler..

I finally got around to opening my July sampler from Two Thimbles! The fabrics are Petite Perennials by Annette Plog. She has a new book out as well. These particular fabrics will not be available from Two Thimbles until August, unless you are on her sampler program. 

These 2 are my favs from this month.

Now that the crazy heat wave is gone we are back to normal summer weather. This is tolerable! Here on the high desert we cool down at night and have lovely mornings. 

And since the sampler was Petite Perennials I thought I'd show you what's going on in my garden.



I'm about ready to go into the lavender business! lol

These were droppy during the heat wave but perked right back up! They will look awful in a few weeks and I'll get them cut fairly low. 

I believe this is queen anne's lace. The deer like it and they will pop 
the buds right off and have a lovely snack. 

My wildflowers out front are starting to show a few different flowers like these. 
I saw some purple out there this morning but didn't get a chance to investigate. More on that on a later post.


Probably until late September my posts will not be as regular. Always something going on with work, church, business and backpacking!


 










 

10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so lovely! I envy folks who are successful with gardening, as I have a bit of a brown thumb. And the heat and wind we've had this summer hasn't hellped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd buy some of your lavender! I can't keep mine growing. Rats! I love that cheddar piece of fabric. They're all SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sampler fabrics--nice small prints...my lavender (just one small bush) really went crazy this year--despite our heat wave and drought...lovely flowers, thanks for sharing their beauty with us...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite fabric of that grouping. They are all great! Also love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful summer flowers! They put my little wildflower pots to shame. Still no Mexican Hats, but I will keep trying.

    The fabric samplers are so fun! I keep watching for that new line from Annette Plog, but cannot find it. Maybe not yet shipped.

    Glad it is a bit cooler for you!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two Thimbles' fabrics are always so pretty. Your flowers look so nice, too. We are still getting so much rain here in Alabama, and such humid temps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. in the 1970s i had a granny dress from that poison green....lots of yardage....should have saved it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I got an email from Two Thimbles that they were closing ?? Perhaps going online only ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely garden you have! Thanks for the info on that lovely sampler. off to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gardens are incredible! wow Lori just beautiful
    I used to love being in a fabric club, that green looks really good

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!