Friday, August 20, 2021

Stringin' on a Friday

My friend Suzette sent me a photo of some "mindless" string blocks she is working on. Our hospitals are getting full to capacity with Covid patients and smoke has been heavy in the town she is in. She finds this kind of sewing is soothing and I agree!

I'll add that our governor has called in the National Guard to assist the local hospital. Not only are they shorthanded, but overwhelmed. I hope they get some relief from the added hands of the National Guard.

Here in Madras we have been relatively smoke free, which is so surprising. Nearby in Bend the air quality last week was the highest in the state. I remember that heavy smoke from last year and am super grateful we've had decent skies. Our temperatures for the next 10 days are mostly in the 80's and high 40's at night.  That sounds delightful!


I thought I'd dig into the archive and share this humble string quilt from the Aurora Quilt Show. 





And for those of you that don't follow me on other social media here is the inside of our glamping tent!

It's not called glamour camping for no reason! lol

A fan for summer and stove for winter! 

It was very comfortable!


 I'm relaxing and sewing this weekend! Whoop! Whoop!
I had to repair a pair of my hiking pants and my machine would not cooperate! I think it took about 30 minutes to sew a 1" tear on a seam. I think it was my machine's way of telling me it's been neglected! Alright, I got the word!  LOL

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, friends!

 

10 comments:

  1. Those are very calming, happy string blocks Suzette is making.
    Love that humble string quilt. Humble piecing at its finest!
    Wow, the inside of the tent is really inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those floral string blocks! The Aurora quilt may be humble but it sure is beautiful! Make-it-fit piecing at its finest! Have a great weekend stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see the inside of your glamor tent. That would make me a camping believer! I've only camped by sleeping on the ground,with many a rock involved. This looks like living the dream.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That humble string quilt just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. String quilts have so many possibilities. I’ve been toying with some ideas for a new one myself. I’m sure your hospitals will appreciate any assistance provided by the NG. Our hospitals are filling up too. My older daughter is a respiratory therapist in a big hospital, and numbers absolutely exploded this week with many of them young people and even children. They have had a tough week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed out loud at the block with the very humbled pieced points. Some days just feel like that and in the whole scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. It will all be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Aurora string quilt! Looking at it makes me wonder why I tend to overthink so many of my quilts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wild about the National Guard coming in to help. I hope the tide turns. The glamping looks absolutely fabulous. And, I love that humble string quilt. Something just so endearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Aurora string quilt! I've always wanted to make one of those but haven't yet. That tent of yours could convince me to start camping...almost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that is quite the glamor camping set up! Bet you don't pack that all in on your backs!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!