Friday, October 29, 2021

Sewing Retreat

Retreats, regardless of what kind of retreat is really about the friendships forged and renewed. If you don't have girlfriends who are positive and encouraging you need to find some! 
Several have asked about how we do our retreat. We look for accommodations on Airbnb and VRBO, then when we find a place that will have enough beds and space for us to spread out a bit. Split 4 ways makes it very reasonable. We stayed 3 nights and I made dinner one night and 2 gals made dinner the other 2 nights. The other made side dishes and desserts. We never starve, that's for sure! 

Michelle is working on her Anniversary quilt by Jan Patek. Her version is gorgeous!

Here's one little project I worked on. 
I did finish appliqueing some baskets, and got the entire quilt set, but I cannot show it to you yet. I'm thrilled with it! 

Carrie worked on this and a child's quilt. She is an expert needlewoman too and I neglected to photograph her cross stitch. 

Christy wins the "staying focused" prize!
She got this Bonnie Hunter mystery assembled.


 And this one too! Unbelievable! Doesn't it look beautiful with those fall leaves on the deck?


Leaving my desert landscape to go to the "wet" side of the mountain also meant the colorful side of the mountain! 


Right outside our window. 

There was a hot tub and a river right out back as well! 

I went up the road for a quick jaunt. WOW!

It was very wet bit not that cold. FUN!!



I really had a good time away. Always good to get away from the dust bunnies and laundry! LOL

Take care my dear friends and have a lovely weekend.
Good bye October...

 


13 comments:

  1. Your group of four looked like a cozy, intimate time with friends. Our last retreat we were down to 5 from our usual 8 and it felt so strange to be so few. But looking back on it, it worked well. Your weather looks like ours now - wet and golden. Even wet, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely that you were able to meet and retreat with your friends!! Man, that yellow is fluorescent on the trees--just gorgeous...I love how your little basket is coming along. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! The fall color is glorious. Secret projects can be exciting ones :0) Lots of beautiful stitching in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just finished a retreat of 4 it was so fun and I agree quilt friends are the best❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so relaxing and fun. I loved seeing the wet roads and trees. It has been such a beautiful October. . . I hate to see it end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to do a retreat with a few friends! I love getaways for quilting and having dedicated time to working on projects. I also love the comradery as I can sense you do as well.
    Great projects. But your fall landscapes are amazing! Such pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is what I need, space to spread out and get some things done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so refreshing! It must be nice to have a group of supportive, quilty friends who can share that with you. I love the look and feel of the place, and wonderful projects, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place to gather with friends! Love the outdoor leaves and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two Bonnie mysteries just in time to start the next one today!!

    The leaves are just wonderful and admire you for your WET hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think quilt retreats are the BEST!!! Making new friends and catching up with old friends. That truly is what it is all about. What a fabulous setting and such beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, your retreat looks like it was exactly what you needed! Love all the fall colors and sweet projects on the go.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lot of fun in a lovely autumn place. I haven't seen colorful leaves like that in years, maybe in Vermont. Your Basket block is so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!