Friday, February 11, 2022

Oldie but Goodie Historic Quilt Panel


Look at this gorgeous historic quilt panel i found recently! I used a red one in the past and do not even know if I have seen this blue one in person. Such a rich color. 

Here is the entire panel. It measures approx 17"x21"


After May when our antique block challenge is over, I am considering doing a challenge with a historic panel. There are many of them that have been printed over the years. It doesn't have to be this one. (although I think I'll have more) I'm posting to see if there would be interest. 
Here is a quilt I designed using GW panel for my center. 


This month is going by so fast! So many fun things going on in my world. I hope you all are doing good!

We were finally able to get together with my daughter to celebrate her birthday and Christmas!
If you recall she was down with covid and then as a hairdresser has been playing catch-up with all the appts she had to cancel. And she can now enjoy food! (taste and smelling is essential for that!) 
We are doing a family getaway later this month. So looking forward to that. 

Have a wonderful weekend!



 

11 comments:

  1. I loved the Geo. Washington historic panel I made along with Barb (at Fun With Barb) a few years ago--I think this would be a fun SAL
    Happy to hear that your daughter is feeling better...wonderful family shot...Have a great weekend...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a sew along with historic panels. I think I might have one some where. It would motivate me to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any historic panels but I'd enjoy searching for one. I'd love to find maybe a Statue of Liberty? Or Women's voting Rights, o=or WW2 Bonds poster image...[just mulling it all over,lol.] And hoping I can actually see to sew soon/ someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt you made with the panel, Lori. It’s beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you do with the blue one! Hm. I don’t have an actual panel, but I might have a historical print that might qualify for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be interested in making the panel quilt. Don't think I have a panel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a few available at the beginning of March. Shoot me an email at Humblequilts@gmail.com and I'll notify you when I have them in.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful quilt with George Washington in the center. I love the antique look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that panel and that quilt you made with the George print

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous panel and your GW Panel Quilt is stunning. Good for you planning a family outing. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were able to get together with your dear daughter and have some good family time together. I'd love one of those panels when you get them in. It would challenge me to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'd be interested in that. I have a couple that I've bought in the past and never did anything with. I love your George Washington quilt and hopefully a SAL will motivate me to finally do something with mine.
    I'm so glad your family is able to be together again and do some fun things. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!