Monday, February 21, 2022

Wool Applique

As you know I've been finding unfinished projects and finishing them. This is one of them- not quite complete. I love that wool applique is so portable! I have several "one blocks" made! This is designed by Maggie Bonanomi. In her books so many of the wool applique are unfinished. I know I want to finish this simply, but not sure how. Any ideas?

Here's a little wool applique I finished this weekend. It was designed by Julie Porter and was in Primitive Quilts magazine, but I could not find my issue to finish. So I used a Cheri Payne design to finish the basket. She looks as ready for spring as I am!

 Our weather has truly been amazing and spring like. We've hardly had any snow. Of course, snow and very cold weather is in our forecast for this week!


Have a great week!


 

9 comments:

  1. I love the purple lapels. I'm working on finishing up old projects too. But, I wish some of them were small like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wool applique! What is your foundation fabric? I have only done "penny rugs" as inspired by Primitive Quilts magazine. Perhaps add some "tongues" around your vase of flowers as a border? Or a couple of different width borders and quilt it? Oh the ideas abound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.primitivegatherings.us/tobacco-raw-silk

      I need your email address so I can email you a return comment! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your wool applique blocks are so sweet and, yes, very Spring-y! Love the face on your bunny. You did a good job embroidering it. Have a great week and Happy President's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bunny block is adorable! I love wool applique but haven't done any in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I like the way you finished the bunny piece. Maybe do the same for the one you are working on? I have MB's books but have yet to indulge in one of her wool applique projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely that empty stem needs something but with so little room I'd go with a heart shape like the others, but in blue, then call it a finished block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've drooled over your Americana Strings forever. I love the size, colors, and borders. Could you please tell me the size of the star blocks and also the overall size of the quilt? Do you have a pattern I could purchase. I follow all your posts and love all that you do. Thanks.......Susie in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, I'm not sure which quilt that is. Please contact me at humblequilts@gmail.com

      Delete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!