Monday, March 7, 2022

Wool Applique and First Overnighter

This is the wool applique that is hand sewn to raw silk. I opted to add no batting. I backed it with a gorgeous fabric that was gifted to me, then hand quilted around all the applique shapes. 
I may hang it for a bit then decide if I want to add more quilting. 

This backing was PERFECT!

Made it out for our first backpacking trip
We got to enjoy our fire until all the wood was burned up. Can you tell we are in the desert? As soon as the sun went down it was chilly. 





We could hear the river all night. Also trains that went by across the river. It was great!

Was so nice when the sun finally was up enough to warm us in the morning! (It wasn't in this photo yet)

Signs of SPRING! And I heard the Western Meadowlark singing! That's always a sure sign spring is near. 

I took the scenic route home. 


 Thanks for coming along on my adventure! Let's have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. That is a perfect backing for your beautiful little wool piece.
    And that overnighter looks cold, but wonderfully peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wool applique, that last picture looks like there had been freezing fog and coated everything with fairy dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really special wool appliqué. Glad you got out overnight. It looks so spare and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!