Friday, March 4, 2022

Friday Catch Up Post

 It feels like spring is on the way! This quilt is a fun springy quilt that I sold recently. 

If I'm not using a quilt in one of my lectures I'll be culling it! 

I hope the new owner is enjoying it.

I've been getting caught up this week after a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas. 
On Friday we left in the early hours of the morning and our flight got delayed for way too many hours part way through our trip,  so we rented a car for our last leg from Salt Lake City to Vegas. It was a beautiful day and Utah, AZ, and NV was very scenic! 
Our first night we had shows to go to. Thankfully we made it to see them. First up was the Australian Bee-Gees, followed by David Copperfield. So much fun!


Saturday Rene and I ran a 5K near the Freemont Street area, followed by an awesome outdoor concert. 



Sunday night we were set to run a half marathon on the strip! Oh my goodness- iconic and so fun! I cannot imagine they close the strip down at night very often. We were a part of it!

This was when Rene caught up and passed me about mile 4. 


This is where we stayed since it was so close to the finish line. I was just in time to see the famous fountain go off! What a way to end 13.1 miles!

In the conservatory they had a beautiful display celebrating the Chinese New Year. 

The next morning we met at the Bellagio Patisserie for crepes, coffee and sweets before sending Rene off in a taxi to the airport.  

4 days in "Sin City" was enough. Everything is very over-the-top and in-your-face. 
The boys went to the Mob museum and I relaxed! Then we had an uneventful flight home arriving Tuesday morning in the wee hours. 



I've been pattern writing this week and should get 2 more on Etsy soon. 
I've been working on details to present to few quilt groups. Next month is in person! So excited for that!

Getting packed for my first backpack trip this weekend. Gotta get my hiking legs ready!
Have a wonderful weekend dear friends!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a really fun getaway in "Sin City"!!
    I visited your Etsy shop and was so charmed by those two vintage fan blocks--that I HAD to buy them--thanks for the offering...You have some lovely items there...
    I cannot wait to see them and gently pet them ;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that churn dash quilt, one of these days i'll make another! So glad you got a good run in and enjoyed family time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sorry I didn't see that churn dash quilt before the new owner did! LOL One of my most favorite blocks.
    Looks like you had quite the time at Vegas. The whole place is a little much for me. We stayed with our kids once at Circus, Circus, and we couldn't get on our way again fast enough for my liking. ;)
    The fountain is gorgeous, and I'll bet it was kind of a surreal feeling to be running down The Strip when it was closed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time in Vegas! Congratulations on completing both runs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time in Vegas. I visited once and thoroughly enjoyed myself too, although I didn't run any half marathons. Haha! I just enjoyed seeing all the hotels, the beautiful courtyards & lobbies, and so many free things to see & do. Can only imagine how excited you are for your 1st backpacking expedition. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun trip.
    Yay for in person guild visits again!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!