Monday, April 11, 2022

New England Quilt Museum

Laurie didn't need to convince me too hard to join her on a trip to quilty trip to New England. 
Our first stop was the New England Quilt Museum. 
The antique quilts displayed were beautiful!

I'll let the quilts speak for themselves! 





I thought I took a photo of the tag, but I cannot find it in my photos now. This quilt is older than Oregon! hahaha

Extraordinary chintz!












And I think the Piony was my favorite. For all the Humble Quilts kind of reasons. 







Laura Lane works part time at the museum, so we got to spend a little time together and get her first hand knowledge of the quilts. We've "known" each other online for several years so it was fabulous to finally meet in person!

You can see we are in front of Barb Veddar's Lincoln quilt. More on Wednesday!




It has been a long 2 years+ since I've traveled like this. My heart is full!

Oregon is new compared to New England. 
The architecture, the brick and cobblestone- be still my heart!







I've changed the mail by date for the Humble Quilt Swap to May 15th. Thank you!
 

4 comments:

  1. aaah lovely post...my home new england....edwin binney and his daughter were instrumental in establishment of the museum...he of binney & smith (crayola) fame...just missed you at cyndi's...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been fun to meet at Busy Thimble!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Love the applique on the antique quilt! Just dreamy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you'd love the antique quilts. They have such a great collection and Laura does such a wonderful job displaying them.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!