Wednesday, April 13, 2022

New England Quilt Museum Part 2 and Cotton Mills

Barb Veddar's quilts were still on exhibit when I was at the museum. Was so good to see some of her collection!

A small section of her Lincoln quilt. 






We found the Boott Mills Museum to be fascinating!
That is in downtown Lowell, MA. 








On our way to Parsonfield we accidently came by the Cocheco Mills! This is in Dover, NH.



So many towns, rivers and areas we saw had quilt lines designed with their names. That was cool to be able to put them together. 

I hope you week is going great!



 

5 comments:

  1. isn't the museum wonderful? i was a member of the new england guild when it was proposed and planned...i thought they were nuts as so much money was needed...but they finally pulled it off..with help from the binney family...our meetings were twice a year and we always made stuff to sell for the museum...oh those were glory days i tell ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing more of Barb's quilts. I know others have posted some but you've included ones that they didn't. It's so wonderful to see them in such clear photos.
    The mill photographs are fabulous, Lori! I love seeing architectural views as well as the inside of the mill with the looms in the large room and the warped looms. It's hard to imagine the volume of sound when all the looms were in operation.
    Again, thank you for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massachusetts is endlessly beautiful!! My son and his family have moved to Cape Cod, so I hope to revisit some favorite places and also go see new ones like those you mentioned above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome trip. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat museum ! Old textile mills are fascinating. Sad none of them are open.
    thanks for including some of my quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!