Friday, July 22, 2022

Summertime- ♫Let's Take A Walk on the Wild Side♫

Happy Friday friends! If you've been following me this week you must know by now that I contracted Covid. So thankful I've been building my immune system and that this variant didn't give me severe symptoms. (generally) I was in the airports and airplanes for 12 hours on Friday. and really, how can you avoid people in these situations? Anyhoo.... Started getting a scratchy throat on Sunday evening, Monday I thought I was getting a summer cold- I worked for a little bit (unknowingly exposed my brother to C19 and now he is down) washed my windows inside and out, vacuumed, dusted, emptied my quilt bags and in general had a very productive day. That night in bed (I had already told hubby that we should sleep separately) all hell broke lose! The fever hit and I could barely walk the 10 steps I needed to get ibuprofen. Felt like I'd been run over by a Mac truck. Body aches, headaches, fever, nausea, sore throat, very weak. Exhausted Tuesday, tired Wednesday, no fever at all on Thursday, and here we are on Friday. I'm planning on having a restful weekend and continuing to recover. 
2 positive notes: So grateful for my good health and I should now be protected when I return to Southern CA in a couple weeks! (PS I have confirmed with my health care professional that the chance of re-infection on my August trip is slim to none and I will not be contagious) 

 

This cotton and wool quilt of Cheri Payne's always reminds me of summer. 


So I took Elsa for a short walk yesterday and snapped some photos of my garden when I returned. 




I have a wildflower patch out front and these little guys are putting on a show. 

                                 

  Ratibida columnifera (Mexican hat)


These daisies are short lived and will not hold up to the high temps we are expecting. 

But I am pretty sure these will.

Lavender gone wild!

Love my giant hardy white roses. 



My back island. I love watching the birds splash around in the bath! This is a nice little shady area for them- as long as Elsa allows them!lol

The sky last night was incredible! 


Thank you all for the well wished and prayers! They worked!! Have a super weekend!
 

18 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so lush and colorful!

    Even tho you feel much better, take time to recuperate, people are reporting exhaustion weeks and months after this variant. Also I m sure you know, you are NOT protected against reinfection w this variant, we are being warned.Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have confirmed with my health care professional that the chance of re-infection on my August trip is slim to none and I will not be contagious. Thanks for your concern

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you got hit pretty hard, to me. Hubby and I had no fever or nausea, and I didn't have the bad headache he got. He was coughing right away, but my cough didn't develop for a few days and that is when the exhaustion hit me. And I heard the same thing Lizzy did--that reinfection rates are high with this variant. Maybe because you were sicker initially, you won't get the delayed symptoms I got. We can hope and pray!
    Your wildflowers are very pretty--and I love all that lavender!
    Oh, wow! What a gorgeous sunset!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay well, my friend. And safe travels. Beautiful yard and yes the skies have been gorgeous this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I am so sorry. I feel for you!!! Hope it is all over soon...and yes, immunity is boosted with infection!!!! (from the CCU nurse and my infectious disease doctor )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you picked up Covid. Hubby & I did too while celebrating a college graduation. Can't stay away from people. Just have to stay as healthy as possible. Good to hear you are on the mend and excited about your next trip. What are the purple spiky flowers surrounding your bird bath? They are sweet-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel. The exhaustion was terrible. Mine lasted about 10 days. Glad you feeling better, and on the mend!!! Take care. Really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly how you feel. The exhaustion was terrible. My Covid lasted about 10 days. Happy to hear you are feeling better, and are on the mend. Take care of yourself! Love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori cuídate, se necesitan al menos 10 días para estar en forma, en mi familia ya solo quedamos sin contagiar mi ahijado Samuel su esposa, su niño , Antonio y yo . ¡¡cuídate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I have a Covid hug? I need to get it so I have immunity for future travel too. Glad you are recovering. Love all your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your symptoms were exactly what we experienced after being infected over Memorial day weekend. Do give yourself plenty of rest, extreme fatigue seems to be the major lingering aspect of this variant. Take care, and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori - So happy to hear you’re feeling better. Sounds like it was a nasty week, but now it’s hopefully behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are better. Yours gardens are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I hope you do not have too severe of high temperatures. Here in Texas everything is dried up and dust. Horrible and depressing so seeing your photos was a treat. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to hear you are feeling better. My husband and I got it after attending a small wedding. Do you have the name of Cherie's table runner? Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't and this was one I didn't add a label!

      Delete
    2. Thank-you. I saved the picture.

      Delete
  14. Glad you are feeling better. Love your garden! Those lavender blooms look like fireworks! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read in the NY Times this morning that the current variant is very adept at re-infecting. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!