Friday, October 21, 2022

Quilt Show

Here are a handful of my other favorite quilts from Aurora!


By Carol Wallace

Courtyard lane, Marjorie McCanse


The embroidery was incredible on that quilt! So tiny!


EPP- beautiful! 
maker- Doris Hale


The redwork on this one was so detailed and marvelous. 
Old Aurora Colony, maker Janus Childs




Maker, Sue Gridley (the featured quilter) 

Good use of a panel! I sure notice panel quilts these days!



They have a little "quilt store" that the proceeds go to help support the Colony Museum. 

This quilt was outside- It was overpriced but so big, chunky and graphic!




Here is another one that was for sale. You could do a real fabric study on this one!

Thanks for coming along with me!

 

8 comments:

  1. thanks so much for taking us along to view these quilts; I just love "All through the Night"--I assume it is wool applique? Just so adorable...Have a super weekend hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these great quilts! Love a quilt show from afar

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting, such variety. Thanks for sharing with us. You should have grabbed the Thousand Pyramids for inspiration for your someday fabric line! You'd be so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful collection of gorgeousness. So much nice diversity and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice variety of quilts. And the detail work! Thanks for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for taking us along..... always something to learn.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great visit! Beautiful quilts to inspire, and the glimpses of the vintage fabrics are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this delightful exhibit!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!