Monday, October 24, 2022

Ebay Find- Panel Flag Quilt

 This is amazing! My friend Laurie sent me the link to this ebay quilt that really belongs in a museum. Starting price was $1500, no bids

The description:

Now here is something special,  a hand stitched and signed American flag quilt 
made in 1880 by a Mrs Mary A. Van Antwerp (which a genealogical search suggest 
resided in Great Bend, Susquehanna, Pennsylvania) from flags acquired at the 1876
 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition (see the ink inscription ) Measuring 
appx 80" x 67", there's scattered moisture staining throughout and two small tears 
at the top in the panel showing the main building of the exposition .  With its apologies 
included, this is indeed a very special quilt.













 I'm pretty much speechless! 

6 comments:

  1. Did you buy it? Or are those the photos from the eBay listing? It is a neat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def a museum piece, esp as it needs conservation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly an amazing find! Did you purchase it? It is really a part of American quilting history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find wonder how old it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the description it says it was made in the 1880;s.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Amazining find, I hope it will get a place in a museum for generations to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!