Friday, November 18, 2022

Welcome Quiltalong- Almost complete!

Wait! These aren't blocks in the Little Quilts pattern booklet! You are correct! Usually when I do a small quiltalong the quilt is complete before I start. This time I'm doing with you! I really wanted to get this top completed before going to Dominican Republic. So, I took a shortcut and used a few orphan blocks that I already had. The one on the left is similar to the Little Quilts pattern, but my orphans were a tad small, so I added a border- works for me! The sawtooth star is taking the place of the Lemoyne star and the 9 patch on the right is taking the place of the bow ties. Feel free to make changes or follow the pattern in the book, It is your quilt adn you can make it any way you want! 
Here they are all laid out and I thought they looked pretty good. 

I like to assemble in sections so I don't have lots of long rows. This way I only have one long seam to sew. 


I measured my quilt on both sides and the center and it measured as it should. So I cut my strips 2 side strips and added them. 

The books showed a cheddar/gold and I thought I'd really like it, but I didn't. It is hard to tell but my narrow border is dark blue.

Then added the top and bottom. Ta-da! I am adding the pieced border as in the book, but you feel free to make the border any way you'd like! I'm finishing the top and will have the final post on Friday after Thanksgiving. 
 

I packed the giveaway bags last night! They are mostly the pillowcase dresses that you all have made for my mission trip! Yay! So excited!! This represents about 90ish pounds of goods to give away. The eye glasses are on the top and they will likely need to go in my carryon bag so they don't get crushed. 
I'll take as many photos as I can of the little girls in your dresses- maybe you'll recognize ones you've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!