Monday, January 2, 2023

Historic Panel Challenge Finale! Link up!

Welcome 2023!

This is not a great photo. I was slipping around in the mud trying to keep the quilt from getting dirty!
I started with the Bill Cody panel and added quarter square triangles that my friend Linda has given me. I machine quilted on the diagonal. Even though I say it is complete I want to add a few hand quilting stitches in the panel itself. 
This star print came on the panel and I used it around my label. 

I'm sharing this photo so you can up close the backing and binding fabric. 

You can see here that the center needs a little quilting. Overall I'm super happy with it. 
It measures approx 45"x58"

The next little one
The center is a small George Washington panel. 

If you click to get a better look the first fabric that surrounds it is similar, but different. 


I only had a little of this great fabric so had to piece the back for the little quilt.

So grateful to Sharon for sharing a little fabric with me so I could keep the binding fabric consistent with the other blue star fabric. 

It feels great to use those panels! I have a couple of George Washington panels if anyone is interested shoot me an email at humblequilts@gmail.com

I hope you are ready to link up- at least your top! I cannot wait to see the quilts you have created. If you don't know how to link up feel free to send me a photo. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lori for this challenge - it really did challenge me! I love both of your panels, especially all those hourglass squares surrounding the Bill Cody panel - they were the perfect finish for that panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job, love the backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This challenge was fun. Looking forward to 2023. Your Bill Cody turned out nicely!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!