Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Looking Back to 2022 Before Looking Forward

 Overall I think 2022 was a good year! I mean, the price of goods stink, but most of us have a stash so we don't have to pay top dollar for fabric- and that is a bonus! Think of your stash as your quilt shop!! Shop there first. 

Well, this year saw me doing A LOT of little quilts! Some of these were partially done and I completed them. 

In no particular order:


May Day baskets based on my Blue Baskets published in APQ in 2022



Swap quilt


Antique block challenge

Antique block challenge

Wool applique. 









My Mill Girls challenge quilt. 



Humble Quilts panel challenge




Not super productive, but fun. 
I started "Humble Quilts" officially as a business. 
I had my first in person guild trunk show and class post covid. 
I made a trip to Maine to Cyndi's Quilt shop and the New England Quilt Museum. 
I had my Blue Baskets in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine
My Buhl Bushong quilt was accepted at the VA Quilt museum for a special exhibit and I was able to see it in person. 
Went back to the quilt show in Houston.

Yea, I'm counting my blessings! It was a good year. 




8 comments:

  1. And you were able to go on your mission trip! What a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had a great year and I love ALL your little quilts. The Cody panel is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a year of sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had quite a year, Lori. I thoroughly enjoyed the Zoom class I took from you on your basket pattern. I still haven't quilted it, but I want to include some hand quilting on it, and I am trying to gather my courage. LOL
    Thank you for the show of your quilting finishes, and a recap of your quilty experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you a very happy new year. May 2023 bring you much happiness. Your blog is a source of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is your Mill Girls! I think seeing the factory makes it very special. Best of Luck with the business endeavor. I know you will knock it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your style shines through each and every quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a wonderful 'QUILTY' year. I love your hourglass panel quilt. I look forward to your next SAL. Even when I don't sew, I still like to follow along.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!