Monday, March 20, 2023

Long Ago in a Closet.....

Sat this lovely pattern by Barb Adams and Alma Allen of Blackbird Designs. 
Buty I'll let Judy tell the story:

This quilt has a long history. The pattern was offered as a monthly section of a newspaper in the State of Washington long ago.  Lori DeJarnatt's blog (Humble Quilts) had a give-a-way of this pattern in January of 2011, and my friend Sharyn Mallow Woerz won the pattern.  Sharyn worked on it for a while, and when she tired of it, she asked if I wanted to take it on.  I never turn down a free pattern, and said "Yes, please!" 

Scroll down and see this beauty!






 Then read the rest of the story on Judy's blog! HERE.

I'm always so thrilled to see a finished quilt when I pass something along!

Happy First day of spring!

Below is my world the past few days!






8 comments:

  1. What a great story! And how fun to have a small person in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely but the real show stopper - the adorable kid and dog photo! Are they buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson? Whoever he is, he is adorable and I love the picture of him with your dog. All little boys should be with a doggie friend. I love the quilt, and thank you for starting the story that ended so well, with the quilt now in my living room. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and love that he is helping his uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very happy ending to the story of this beautiful quilt.
    What a sweet buddy you have around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! Obviously the fabrics and pattern aged gracefully. Just like us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conclusion: The Lori have a lot of talent and exciting blogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the looks of appliqued quilts but just dont enjoy making them. This one is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!