Friday, March 3, 2023

Quilt Friends Part 2

Before going to my quilt guild trunk show/class I had been talking with Kathy (photo below, left- such a fun lady with high energy!) and we made arrangements to have dinner at Laura's (right) before the evening meeting. 


Laura's hubby took a quick photo before we left. It was such an enjoyable time!
Laura's house is so adorable!

Upper right, Quilters Madder, lower right, Palmateer Point, both quiltalongs on my blog. 

I love this so much. It was hanging right near her front door. I want to make one!

Cascadia quiltalong on top of a cupboard filled with darling quilts!
Here she is at another guild meeting in  2015 showing me her quiltalong quilt! 
These were her string hexies from the class the next day. I can't wait to see them as a little quilt! I really want to try this!




I hope it is just the camera that catches my goofy expressions during my trunk shows! lol

Thank you Laura for dinner and letting me snoop and paparazzi around your house! 

Have a great weekend! I'll be traveling next week but have plenty of blog posts to share!

 

10 comments:

  1. Such a bunch of lovely quilts, I love them all. Yes, I too want to make that little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh nice photos...yep i am going to make one of those bible verse pieces also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post as always Lori! Love the quilt that hung by the front door, lets do a quilt along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura's quilts are lovely and displayed beautifully. I'd love a cabinet like hers to display/store my own quilts. Glad you're having fun. I agree with the others -- let's do a QAL of that sweet wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your posts. I was intrigued by her quilts hanging on a rod. Can you tell me what she used to do that? I am always looking for ways to display my quilts! Thanks. Those hexies do look inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the little quilts. Such a lovely warm home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must have been fun to see your quilt designs in her home.
    I, too love the one by her door.
    Is that your Solar Eclipse quilt in the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your socks Lori. And the quilts. Greetings Janny S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilty friends are the best! I love the Quilt cabinet and all the Sew-Along quilts she has made. Thanks for sharing. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little string hexies intrigue me....how to keep the seams from unraveling before construction. The fold-over process must be pretty challenging.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!