Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Quilting Friends

On my way to Lynden, Washington my friend Laurie asked me to stop by. I can never get enough of her decor but didn't want to look too much like a paparazzi! hahaha


We did bundle up for a quick walk since I'd been in the car for several hours. 

Here is her adorable sewing room! Steps from her front door. 



Laurie's panel challenge. Love it!

Here is her antique quilt block challenge.
She did these from giant antique feathers/fans.


Can you tell which one is antique?
Laurie is good at reproducing antique quilts and so many times she uses antique fabric.

Laurie also drove to my morning guild meeting, stayed the day and went to the evening meeting. She set up my table and took charge! 
I do not quite have the Vanna White moves down! lol


Thank you Laurie for doing that and for giving me dinner on my way there. 


Welcome March!!



 

6 comments:

  1. What a cool sewing space! Thanks for giving us a peek at her wonderful decor, and amazing quilts.
    Looks like your day was full and productive. And who needs Vanna White moves, when you have a table full of such goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilty friends are the best! Loved seeing Laurie's historic panel challenge quilt - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reproduction of the Antique Quilt. The Bottom one with the Green Binding is my guess. Lots of people try to be Vanna. Just be you! Love seeing your fun stuff, wish I was closer to come have some fabric fondling time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully created space she has to work in! Talk about commute, so easy, as long as one isn't trudging through snow! Sew glad you two got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible creative space. It's like being in a playhouse especially for a quilter. What a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are both so cute! Great haircuts! Laurie's space is delightful, so much to see and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!