Friday, June 30, 2023

Repost Antique Quilt Inspiration

This is a repost of a blog post from several years ago. I sure miss the antique quilt dealers at the Sisters Quilt Show! They had some real beauties

I love this sign that is big and direct! It reminds me of the newspaper boys that used to holler trying to sell papers but instead, in Sisters they'd be shouting, "Antique quilts for sale! Get your antique quilts here!"
I swear, the pile that greeted me was even larger then in previous years! Did you notice how many people are shopping? NONE I was only alone for a few minutes before all the regulars arrived. 
This chunky applique was one of my favorites. Love the gigantic stems!!  The quilt behind it was amazing- intricate quilting.
Nothing like a good chrome yellow to wake you up in the morning!




 String quilt with the tiniest of pieces.
Here's a lovely old quilt that was very cheap, the mice had also chewed a hole right through it. 

By the time you see this post I should be at home recovering! The real me posting on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. worth seeing again and again! cityquilter grace who cannot pull up her google account???

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!