Friday, June 30, 2023

Blessed Beyond Measure

We made it home from Peru yesterday and I am feeling so blessed! The Peruvians we had contact with were extremally hard working, polite and joyful! We, the USA,  can learn lessons from them!

I'll try not to overwhelm the blog with too many Peru posts. If you are on facebook you can look me up and check out many photos on my personal page, (they are public so even if we aren't facebook friends you can see them)


We had heard about these ladies that wear traditional clothing and walk all around town. We paid them to have our photo taken!


Photo taken from an upstairs coffee shop window seat.  The coffee in Peru is SO good!
The rainbow flag is the Cusco flag!


Blue doors everywhere! 
I do believe it is a color to bring good luck. 






I feel a Prussian blue quilt in my future!

Cusco flag





The huge condor was a sacred bird to the Incas. They admired the enormous wingspan and how well it was able to fly long distances like from Lima to the Andes. They believed it was the messenger of the skies or heavens.

Glad to be home. Thanks for all of you that commented on my facebook posts! It was such a special time for my daughter and I. 





 

10 comments:

  1. lovely photos...yes i'd be inclined toward a blue quilt after seeing all those...i assume jackets are due to elevation...glad your trip was safe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safely home. I love the blue doors and cabinets. It is inspiring, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't be too many Peru pictures, thank you!

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your photos from your trip. Post as many as you wish! What an awesome adventure for you and your daughter.
    Also tell about your high altitude hiking and camping, was it hard or easy, was it fun or a challenge...more, more. And more textiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I did find your FB page and osts, that answered my questions. I ll enjoy looking at them in more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip you have made. I followed your posts on Facebook, so special. That first picture is great! Your heart must be overflowing with sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting your wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your pictures. Glad you're back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Trip! I am glad you made it home safely. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those blues!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!