Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Faces by Freddy

I don't believe Freddy Moran was at the quilt show this year, (she certainly was last year!) 

But these were in the teacher's tent all for sale! I belive they all sold.

These were so incredible (as is Freddy) that I wanted to share them all in one post!






I think this one is my fav!








 

 Freddy made one face quilt a day for 54 days. At the end of the endeavor, she had a whole collection of faces to share. When she reached the 54th day, she decided to keep creating face quilts as long as they continue to inspire her. 


I'm posting another fun Peruvian post on Friday!


8 comments:

  1. wow...each one exciting and colorful....love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun! I felt lucky to see them in person at the International Quilt Museum last year. Freddy is a creative force! -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW wouldn't it be fun to have a book of these!!! thanks for posting them all together......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freddy Moran was the first designer who inspired me when I began quilting again. I just pulled out my first small quilt, her Houses, to enjoy for summer. Still love it, so happy.

    Her Faces are amazing. Is there a book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are indeed wonderful! Freddie came to Maine about 20 years ago and my friend and I took her class in an old town hall. Our sewing station was up on the stage so we towered over everyone. I laughed so hard that day, I was afraid of falling off the stage! She was so inspiring and fun!! Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freddy's faces are an inspiration, as is she. Her eye for color and design is just wonderful. I still have the Sept. 2014 issue of American Quilter that featured some of her floral still life pieces. They are probably my favorites of all her work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing these and yes - Freddy is amaizng!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!