Friday, September 1, 2023

A Visit With Donna & Folsom

Donna was co chair of the programs at the guild I visited last week. She graciously opened her home for a personal show and tell! (Truth be told I invited myself over but did give her the option to say no) 

I'm dividing this into 2 posts. Today is antique quilts.




Seriously so charming! 


Be still my heart!




This was a family quilt that she had  quilted and was enjoying it in her living area. 

Love the corner whirlygigs!


She had several more family quilts that she was going to finish and give them to family members. Such a great idea!

This was really cute and despite the lighter weight muslin I think it is strong enough to finish with machine quilting. It is a well constructed quilt!

I think I want to make a darling one patch like this!

She had a big stack of these cute blocks. (Shoo Fly? Hole in the barn door?)


We had a fun day between trunk show and workshop so went to the Folsom County Museum in historic Folsom, CA. My hostess, Pam, is a volunteer so we got the behind the scenes tour! Folsom has such an amazing history!

This was on display in the museum. 

I LOVE that corner!

The museum was in the old assay office and this was the safe they stored gold in during the gold rush.   Look at that door!




We all know Johnny Cash visited Folsom Prison- 1968
I'm sure it was no picnic getting permission.
It sounds like the "end of the world"!

I hope ya'll are doing great!



 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful antique quilts! The prison give me goosebumbs, how desperate must life have been inside....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to share my quilts with you Lori. Enjoyed the guild presentation and class. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts! But the prison set of my anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun to have you for 2 1/2 days, you are the perfect houseguest. I also learned a lot on string class… thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!