Friday, November 24, 2023

One Old Worn Out Quilt

Recently we went to a Living Celebration of Life for my Brother in Law. What a concept! I loved it. We went back up the following week and spent some time with my sister and brother in law. Make sure you let people know how important they are to you. 

My sister in law has been forced to think about the "stuff" she will have after he passes. 

Years ago we were at an auction together and she bought a quilt that had this quilt inside! She asked if I wanted it last week and I said yes. 
This is the amazing back of the quilt. 



What a difference between the front and the back. 

It literally is being held together by the terrific fan quilting. 


Stepping back you can see it is a Jacob's Ladder quilt block. 
 

The fan quilting collides in the center! Boom! I love that!


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This quilt is fabulous on so many levels! I'm so glad your SIL rescued it and now you're privileged to be it's caretaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure! Thanks to your blog, quite a few more quilters get to see this craftsmanship from times past. I wonder how many bags of cotton she had to purchase. LOL All of those stitches ensured that it wouldn't shift during those long, cold, winter nights! That's my imagination anyway. I love everything about this quilt and know that you will cherish it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt to add to your collection! Fond memories, too! Barbara S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Will it be an inspiration for a little sew a long?

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!