Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Old Quilt From Maine

It's not in great shape but has some wonderful fabric and an interesting "batting". 
Lovely madder. 

Be still my heart.

An interesting Japanese lantern?



I squealed when I saw this print!


Just this one 4 patch with George Washington print. 

Here is a reproduction of that same print.




 
This backing is so delicate looking. 

It does have some stains. The width of the backing is 35". 

The inside layer, which we would put cotton batting,  is this piece of fabric!

I've never seen that before. The quilt measures82"x77" so that "batting" is that large as well. Anybody heard of that before?

I also did a video but was too long for Etsy so posted it on YouTube. See it HERE

I've listed it on Etsy if anyone is interested in a video or a closer look you can see it HERE. 



5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what kind of "batting" that is but I want to thank you for sharing so many pictures of this lovely treasure. I've enjoyed every single photo. Thanks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great find. I noticed you didn't explain how you approached every stop, on the trip.
    Seat belt unbuckled before the car was stopped and..... sometimes the passenger door was open before the car was in park. Explains the 3 bags you had, compared to my 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting to see so many detail photos. That Japanese lantern fabric looks so fragile! How old do you think the quilt is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have read about how fabric was used in center of quilts. The quilts were used as summer quilts. I thought it was brilliant, our modern day sheet but using what one had and they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!