Thursday, September 12, 2024

Catch -Up On a Friday....oops Thursday

I was at my daughters house in Portland for several nights last week. I'm glad I'm close enough to be of some help.

She picked up some things from her apartment and was wondering if she could make placemats. (or something!)

She had this sweet sashiko piece in the pile. I think she took a class from a local shop several years ago. 




I brought her machine that I've been storing at my house. Her apartment is a small studio with little storage, but her partner's place is larger and it is conveniently located near stores and restaurants that she can walk to since her car was totaled in the crash. I put a shout out on the Humble Quilts facebook group and they helped me right away with the bobbin. It was sewing when I left! YAY!

I see this amazing blooming beauty from the rooftop garden area. 

Fall is certainly in the air. 

Portland, Oregon has fallen far but it is considered the rose city, I think this is nice to see when down town. 

There is an abundance of sweet little parks downtown as well.

And even forests!



On my way home I was reminded that better days are ahead. Recovery is slow but she is improving day by day. 



Anish is her partner and this is from a movie he helped produce! YAY! Between covid, the writer's strike and budget constraints, Rebel Ridge was finally released to Netflix!
It was fun to send him our perspective. 



He is away prepping for another film but managed to make it to the screening in CA. He is on the far right.

Rene's birthday is coming soon and she is staying at his place while he is across the country working (believe me, we are very grateful for work) but if you'd like to send her a birthday card snail mail I think that would brighten her days! She is trying to get back to work but it is a slow process healing from a bad concussion. Feel free to send me an email at humblequilts@gmail.com and I'll send you her mailing address. Thanks a bunch!
The quiltalong is coming along ever so slowly! I may bind it, share it, then finish the hand quilting. 

Much love to you all






 

5 comments:

  1. As I sit reading your blog, I am hand sewing binding onto the latest of my Christmas fabrics quilts. This is #4. Each one uses 8 1/2" squares from my collection that I purchased over 20 years ago. And each one is slightly different and unique for the future recipients, adult grand and adult great grandkids. (Yes, I married an older man with half grown kids, that started their families young.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori me alegra escuchar que tu preciosa hija se recupera bien, abrazos para todos

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Rebel Ridge this week. It's so cool to kinda cross paths with one of the producers! I usually look at the credits, but I don't know anyone! Glad you got the machine running for her. Recovery is truly a slow process, but she will get there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very positive news on Rene and glad to hear it. I just added Rebel Ridge to my Netflix list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to send Rene a birthday card. Please email me her address.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!