Friday, August 21, 2026

More Textiles from Washington DC



The fabric used for the dress above. 
I've seen this print as a reproduction. 






Crazy Quilt made by Amelia Trowbridge, 1885
Link HERE if you want to see more. 




Unknown maker, possibly Ohio, 1850-1875


Needlework, 1850-1870


All of the above are from the DAR special 250th exhibit. I'm so glad we were able to see some of these beauties!

When we were taking a capital tour we had a "shelter in place" drill. The exhibit room we were sheltering in held artifact from the 1876-1976 centennial. The items below are from that exhibit. 

What a fun piece of folk art!


Love this poster. It literally embraces the unity I wish we had now. 




I shared this dress in my Facebook group. If you'd like to join, find it HERE. 








The photos below were taken at the Smithsonian American History Museum. 




















I hope you enjoyed this! I sure loved seeing these in person. I've got a new little project in the works and will share than next week. 

 Have a lovely weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!