My son sent me this photo recently and asked "how do you know how old a quilt is"
I said you have to be experienced and know fabric. How much were they selling it for and what kind of shape was it in? (He loves to go to yard sales and I assumed that is where it was)
His reply- This is on the ground in my recycling room.
A little back and forth and I told him to grab it- likely 1940-1960
He kept it in a bucket for a few days. Then I told him what I would do if I had found it.
Several days later I get this photo. He is washing it until the water runs clear.
Then he was going to put it all wet in a bucket to give to me when I visit today. I told him if he can get out a lot of water he can put it in the dryer. No need to keep it all wet in a bucket for a couple of days.
I rec'd this photo last night! LOL Not sure I'll be getting it now or not!
Here was a sweet quilt top I got at a destash sale recently! It is charming and quirky as all heck! I snapped photos yesterday and it has already sold.
Have a blessed weekend quilt friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.
I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!